Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.764 emner i 47.064 indlæg

161.040 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: jujub1, mariebel, SWK679Learning, Number777, cbtelearning

Did the EMDR

for 19 år siden 0 99 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry I didn't get a chance to post earlier. I spent the day with my sister and just now had a chance to check the site. I'm doing a little better. I'm sorting things out. The crossroads? Well, for a long time my attitude has been if things get too tough then I will just "check out". It's keeping me from moving forward and making some long-term changes in my life. I need to decide that I am going to be around and accept that there are things that will need to change to make that bearable. It's very confusing, especially when the illness keeps you from thinking clearly. Take care. I go back to school tomorrow so I may not be able to post until later in the day again. You hang in there until I talk to you again. kendy
for 19 år siden 0 142 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
kendy so glad your son called and you were able to talk things through. he sounds like such a great son. he is always there for ya. you are very lucky, i know you already know that. when you say crossroads, what exactly do you mean by that? for you? im just wondering what is in your head...if you want to share it with the world. not pushing, just being concerned. i feel a bit relieved to hear what you said about being diabetic. i guess with depression comes worry and thinking the worst right? im just taking things one day at a time. i have so much on my plate as far as stress goes thats all i can do. ya know? you are you feeling today? remember you have this site and people care. how are things with your husband today? im sorry he isnt tuned into your pain. im sure its hard for him to understand. give him time. im sure he is trying the best way he can. you two have been together a long time...dont give up. not yet. big hug. im glad you are still here.
hi batty -- my son called this afternoon. we had a long heart-to-heart and i literally sobbed for an hour. my head feels a little clearer now. it's a little easier to think now. i am diabetic too, have been for about 10 years. it's something to take care of but in most cases it is very manageable. interesting though, my doctor says there is a very high incidence of diabetes in depressives and vice versa. i guess when your chemistry is off, it's off. if you are indeed diabetic it will be one more challenge but nothing like dealing with mental illness. however, i know when i was first diagnosed i was scared, depressed, all those things. now i can say that being diabetic is the least of my worries. if you are diabetic, the best thing you can do is check your blood sugar frequently. i find that when i do i become more aware of what i'm eating and things usually shape up pretty quickly in that area at least. so i hope that you aren't but if you are, it doesn't mean that all of those awful things that happened to your relative will happen to you. as far as the cycling...i'm not bi-polar but have recurrent chronic major depression so my cycles are from just below normal to severe depression. never have high highs. i've had this so long, all i can say is that it just felt different. i feel that i am at a turning point in my life, a decision point, one of those crossroads that we face only a few times in our lives. my son told me today that he thinks i am one of the strongest people he has ever know. the question now is how strong? i have been fighting for so long and am so tired. if i could just get away from myself for a little while, just rest. oh well. talk to you tomorrow - kendy
kendy you are NOT making it worse for me. i just got a lil bad news thats all. thank you for the kind words, i know you are right. i will still take my meds and go to the dr. he is a good dr. its just that i might be diabetic so they might have to switch my meds because of it. i have to go on a low sugar diet for a month and see where my sugar levels are....blah blah blah. my granfather died from diabeties complications...he got gangreen and had his leg amputated and then passed due to a bloodclot. so i get a lil worried. im ok tho. so, since i am new to this cycling stuff, can you explain to me what feels different? im still learning about me and how i feel and react. knowing how you feel would help so much. do you feel up to talking about it with me? i dont want to push ya girl. when you are ready. big hug. stay with me.
see, maybe talking to me is just making it worse for you. yes, i'm taking my medications but i don't think this is my normal cycling. it feels different. don't worry about them having to change your meds. it happens a lot. just remember that you have to go to the doctor. you have to take your meds. if they change your meds, they do. if you need to change doctors, change doctors. sorry you're having a hard time. just take care of yourself.
kendy since you cant reply how you really feel coz they edit it im going to assume that you are at your worst right now. i have no idea how to help. and i dont even think i can to be honest. you are hurting so bad that there are no words that i can say to make it better. its a chemical thing. do you know that? do you know that its not permanent? you are cycling and if you can hold on it will ease up. do you think you can hold on? please dont do anything permanent. please. this place is for you to post so you dont have to hold it in. im having such a hard day. im trying to be upbeat but my mood just sank out of nowhere. i need you around to talk to also. you and what now are the only two people i can turn to at this point. i am very depressed and i just came back from my pdoc. my meds might have to be switched and if so i dont think i could do that without your support. you totally understand how i feel and i totally understand how you feel. i just want you to hang on. i hope you can. i know it hurts....i sooo know. keep posting. try to put it into words....lets help each other. have you taken your meds? i hate when that question is asked of me but i find myself doing all the things i hate done to me. its only because i care. dont give up. you can get thru too. i know you can. i believe in you and have faith in you. your friend truly batty
hey batty, they keep editing my posts...guess i'm getting too dark. not trying to push you away, just not thinking very clearly. what caused it? who knows. a lot of things, nothing, a series of little hurdles that in and of themselves are inconsequential but one on top of the other make a mountain. my doc tried so hard to get me to fight, couldn't, nothing left in me to fight with. too many things to fix. i just can't do it. do you know the song Iris by Goo Goo Dolls? second verse. doc says i'm so needy, so dependent on the validation of others. i don't feel like i ask for so much, just to know that i matter. he told me i matter to him in the only way i can. i understand the boundaries. isn't it sad that my best friend is someone i have to pay to listen to me? my decision he said but he doesn't want me to go and that's all i want to do. friday...felt like i don't matter to anyone not even me...couldn't finish it because i had promised my doc to talk to him one more time first. but had to do something. hated myself so much. but see, i don't want to bring anyone else down with me. don't want to hurt anyone else. don't want you to worry about me. good you have a plan for leaving your job, gives you time to prepare for something better. another song i like -- Closing Time by Semisonic...there's a line in it "Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end." people do get better. they do. just don't know if i have anything left. you can get better. you can, i know, because you reach out. keep reaching out, don't give up. i sppreciate that you care. keep caring. the less you focus inward the better. it's a trap to always be inside your head. it's hard to get out. like a black hole in your heart, it just keeps sucking you down and you can't get away. so stay away from it. turn your back on it and look outward, upward. talked to my husband. he says he didn't know how bad it was. where has he been for the last 23 years? or at least the last ten? how many times do i have to say it? enough of this. still here. kendy
kendy lets talk. tell me what is goin on inside. what triggered this episode? i wont let u go thru this alone. i am here. talk to me. u can tell me anything, i would never judge u. i want to help. i have been there so many times and i know its lonely and scary. dont push me away ok? u dont have to be afraid. not anymore. you dont deserve pain and hurt. you are a wonderful person and mean so much to me. u have helped me thru so much. just post. please post. i will check all day. i will not let u go thru this alone. big hug. i care...i truly care.
Batty...pretty bad. just kept ... don't know how many times. my cat jumped up on the sink and startled me and made me stop. my doc tried so hard to help me today. he told me he doesn't want me to die. so many other things to think about. just so tired, that's all
kendy!! i am sooooooo worried about u. i wish you would have been able to get ahold of me first. girl tell me whats going on! im here. keep posting. let me know about the dr appt too. how bad...how much damage did u do? can u hold on girl? what set u off, do you know? spill it. tell me all. im here. big huge hug!!!!

Læser dennne tråd: