Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.764 emner i 47.064 indlæg

161.040 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: jujub1, mariebel, SWK679Learning, Number777, cbtelearning

Confused about life

for 19 år siden 0 142 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kitty Kat: I too have been suffering w/depression most of my life. I have been told by both my parents that me & three of my sisters were not wanted. I also have the voice in me that says that I'm fat, ugly, stupid, lazy, ect. I started seeing a therapist at the end of September. It is so hard to keep going when I don't really think I'm worth it. But with the help of this site and my family I'm giving it my best. I even made a friend (Carry) while on this web site. It is very hard for me to change the way I think of myself. I don't want to be miserable anymore so I'm trying my best. Does your therapist know that you're still feeling this way? Are you on any medications? If you are maybe you should discuss this w/your doctor. Please let us know.
for 19 år siden 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello all, I am a newbie but thought I would try and get some of this **** off my chest. For most of my life I have put on a different mask for different situations, but I can no longer do that. I have realized that I suffered from emotional neglect during my childhood. I spent my life wondering what I did to make my parents not love me. Today I still wonder why. I have extremely low self esteem and really hate myself. I have been in therapy and taking medication for over 1 year, and things don't seem to be improving. Since I have been a little girl I always wished for death. Because of my religious upbringing, suicide is a definite no-no. But now my thoughts have turned back to just wanting to die. I hate feeling this way, but don't know how to escape it. My therapist is trying to help me rule out those negative thoughts, but my mind keeps resisting. It keeps telling me how stupid, fat, ugly I am. Is there any hope for me? If this is going to be my path in life, I would rather be dead. Suggestions anyone? Kitty

Læser dennne tråd: