Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.764 emner i 47.064 indlæg

161.040 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: jujub1, mariebel, SWK679Learning, Number777, cbtelearning

Confused about life

for 19 år siden 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
dear kittykat, thank you for your kind words, there was a cancellation at my doctor's office so now i have an appointment for tomorrow morning i am very relieved. I do really need to focus on my health right now I will post tomorrow and tell you all how it went. I am really looking forward to getting some help so that i can feel better. I think it is perfectly normal to have a different view of your childhood and upbringing than your sister- i know that I have different experiences than my brothers-perhaps also your sister is not willing to accept some of the experiences that you are relating because she is afraid of thinking of her childhood in that way. Be strong little kitty!! :)
for 19 år siden 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Suzanna, Firstly, congratulations on getting your masters! That really takes a lot of hard work and dedication, so give yourself a pat on the back. Don't stress too much about finding a job at the moment. You need to take care of your mental health first. Plus, you don't want to take a job just because. Just take your time and look around. The smart companies will realize what a pot of gold you are and beg for you! If you are concerned about waiting 2 weeks to see the doctor, you could tell them it really needs to be sooner. Most of them are very accomodating and will find a way to fit you in. In the mean time, just keep posting and telling yourself that you will be ok. I know at times it doesn't feel like it, but the storm always passes. The weather really plays a big roll on my moods as well. I am in southern cal and the sun is out and it's very warm! Maybe you should take a trip down this way and enjoy this mild winter! Kitty
for 19 år siden 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi suzanna, Welcome to the site. This is a great place to share your feelings of depression. There is lots of information available here as you await your upcoming appointment. Please feel free to roam the site at your own pace. If you look to the left of the screen under "TOOLS" you will find our Depression Test. This test is not a diagnostic tool and is not a replacement or substitute for a physician's advice. The purpose of these tests is to prepare you with information that you can present to your physician. When you're finished the test, you can either print your Final Report or email it directly to your doctor. If you have any question or concerns with our site or please contact Support Department at support@depressioncenter.net. We are open to any questions or concerns you may have. Looking forward to hearing from you soon! Casey __________________________________ The Depression Center Support Team
hi everyone I am new I just found this website today I am looking to share experiences with people who are going through similar things as me-I am struggling right now with depression and anxiety over some major changes in my life and I am also dealing with the death of my father. Even though he passed on 10 years ago I think that I am still dealing with the pain and lonliness of his death. I just graduated with my masters degree and I am looking for a job but i feel as though no one wants to hire me that i am not good enough and i end up dwelling on negative thoughts so much. I have never talked to a doctor about these issues and I made an appointment with a psychiatrist but the earliest thesy could see me is two weeks from today- i need some help to keep going and advice from someone who maybe has been to couseling or has taken medications that have helped them. I am not sure what to do until i can see the doctor i really think that he can help me but i did not expect to wait so long for an appointment. Thank you! Depressed and lonely in Northern California and the weather isn't really helping it has been rainy and foggy for a week! Can anyone relate or help? :)
Hello all, Thank you for the responses and the support. Well the last month has been hell for me. So many break downs and crying spells. I have gotten to the point of really being angry with my parents for not nurturing me. It's hard to do, especially with all that religious junk that told me to love my parents no matter what. My sister was out here visiting me, and we have very different views of our childhoods. She thinks I am off my rocker and overly sensitive. So we fought and argued about it and it really put a huge knot in our relationship. I used to be able to tell my sister anything, but not anymore. She actually was angry with me and couldn't understand what I was talking about. So now I feel like an orphan. I guess it would have better to be an orphan instead of with a family who doesn't even know you are there. I am trying really hard to come to terms with my childhood and build a health adult life. It is really much harder than I thought. Everyday is a struggle and I feel like I am not accomplishing anything. Last night I cried and felt so bad that I wanted to die again. After about an hour of feeling low and ****py, I looked up and begged for strength. I only asked to make it through to the morning. So, I made it and will keep on taking those baby steps. So maybe we can all take those baby steps together. Thanks for listening. Kitty
Hello kitty, .Iknow what this feels like I have a learning disabilty that has made a fool out of me at times Iremeber taking a math class ands failing twice murdreing my GPA Ife,lt like a looeser but I refuses to look at life in a negative light I rember the things Im good at academicaly and socialy all of us are good at somethings. When Ithink about them Ifeel stroger then my fualtsad prossper in my sternghts
for 19 år siden 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kitty, I was brought up as a Jehovah's witness , so I know about suicide "NoNo's" in a religeous family. It's so hard for people to understand that it is not our fault that we feel our parents didn't love us enough. I always struggle with the same low self esteem and shyness. I have found it very helpful to focus more on my perceptions lately. My perceptions seems very severe and extreme. Sometimes things happen and I make a big deal (emotionally) about stuff. I give so much of myself to others that I figure when people give to me it will be glorious, but it never is. I really have to be careful about how I think! Sometimes I over do and over think things. I just try to tell myself that my parents were messed up! They did not have the resources we have today, I am still aliove without them. I can choose who I want as parent figures in my life now. These are choices I make and I am a very responsable person who cares about everyone in my life. You deserve to have all the love you can handle and more! Try putting the thoughts about your old family life away for 6 months, then take the thoughts out and re examine them. Tell yourself you deserve a break from all that stuff (a mental vacation or sorts). It is very helpful for me to put things I can't change in a "Mental closet" and take a better look after I've had a break. take care, xo
for 19 år siden 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear KittyKat and netty and Barbara, I'm glad we're here to share our thoughts and experience. It's good that you let us know here how you feel. One thing I know from my experience is most of my family and friends don't understand why I felt so bad. My father just laughed and I felt hurt. However, I have no problem with that now. I'm very careful to let anyone know that (actually, I don't tell people). I think you don't expect them to understand you so I don't feel hurt. It doesn't mean they don't care or they don't love you. They just don't understand why you feel that way and they don't konw some reaction will hurt you. It's also possible that some of them may validate your feeling even though they don't know exactly what you feel. Whatever the case may be, keep in mind that you need to work with yourself to get over this. If you can concentrate on a book, reading is great. Love Aim
Thank you ALL! Last night I saw the psychiatrist and actually told him some of the things I was going through. I signed a release so he could speak directly to my therapist about me. Maybe she can explain things to him a little better than me. Anyway he was pretty firm with me about dwelling on the past. It is good for me to get things out and talk about it, but let it go. I can't change the past no matter what, so I must try to get over that hump. He did not change my medication yet, but did give me a prescription for ambien so i can have a good night sleep. So tired of waking up crying from my terrible nightmares. I would love to have those wonderful dreams that others always talk about. I go to be tired of life and wake up tired of my dreams. No where to go! But, today is a better day. I am trying to remain positive and move forwards. I have also decided to try and talk more about my emotional neglect and abuse as a child. Hiding all that stuff deep down inside is really harming me. If my family doesn't want to hear it fine, but I will not shut my mouth. I need to heal, and part of the healing is letting is all go. So, thanks all for your love and support and I am going to pick myself up off the ground and try all over again! K
for 19 år siden 0 142 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kitty Kat/Netty/Aim: Depression is one of the worst things I've had to deal with my whole life. When I was younger I was too "busy" to deal with it. I worked full time, went to school, and was raising 3 kids. Now that my personal life has settled down a bit, depression has plenty of time to take over my life. Working with my therapist is the hardest thing I've ever done. Building a trusting relationship w/my therapist is a slow process. But it is happening. I was afraid to tell her of the many things I am ashamed of. I am slowing discovering the things I thought I am responsible for are either not my responsibility, or they were the direct result of serious abuse. My sisters and I were abused from the time we were very young until we excaped, one at a time, from that sadistic house. Learning that I have the power to change my negative thoughts has given me some hope, but it is still difficult at this time. I have found the strength to talk to my therapist from the people I've spoken to on this site. There is a lot of advice to be found here. And it comes from people who have been where I've been and from people who have sucessfully recovered enough to reach out & help me through the worse parts. Keep writing here and in a journal. It will begin to make a difference.

Læser dennne tråd: