Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.764 emner i 47.064 indlæg

161.040 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: jujub1, mariebel, SWK679Learning, Number777, cbtelearning

Therapeutic Effects of Gardening

for 11 år siden 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red

Life hasn't changed much since that picture except I got older and Thomas is feeding the nasturtiums. It is still peaceful and there is room under that tree now for a few visitors. Jasper showed up shortly after Thomas passed. He talks too. He is in the house now and I have to decide what to do with him. Theodore doesn't hurt him but he doesn't like him. He will get used to him. 

I have down scaled too but since my arthritis went into remission it might be temporary. Or not. My interest seems to have changed.

The sun is going down under some very black clouds. It looks prehistoric. I love it.

Davit
for 11 år siden 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit,
Thanks, but I can't take the credit for the upkeep this year. I worked on some of the layout though..I used to do it all myself, of course as time has gone by I have had to ask for help..I really needed help about a decade ago. I have learned to let go a bit and realized that being in control all the time was really hurting me..Learning to let go has been one of the hardest things I have ever had to learn to do..This getting older is hard and it does choke me up sometimes. I am so grateful to have someone to take some of the load and that chokes up me too. I guess I am just being sentimental old lady now right now..
As for the yard being organized, thats because it downscaled to the size or a postage stamp! compared to the acreage that you have. This is how we are able to do it and still it isn't easy. It has gotten harder for both of us..I picture you sitting peacefully under that Apple tree and listening to the birds and drinking ice tea..and I am their right next to you..You see the imagination is something that can't be taken away from us it is something we always have to fall back on..If someone is a good story teller you can picture yourself in there world or just about anywhere..You once put up a pic once of yourself peacefully sitting under the shade of a tree with one of your cats on lap..I always like that picture and kind of pictured you under that tree today..

Yes life is good and we are blessed.

Red...
 :)

Red

It is a beautiful picture. So organized. If only I were such. 
I'm going to pick raspberries, it is a jungle I can only wade in and get what doesn't get knocked off.
Today I was picking berries by an Apple tree sitting on a cable reel. So peaceful in the shade of the tree.

Davit
For me the most therapeutic thing about gardening is the way the colors and layout of the garden make me feel..
When I am in a sad or dark mood looking at and seeing all the color and life in the garden has brightened my mood on many occasions..When nothing else could..Like taking this picture this morning and seeing all the color and beauty. This fulls my mind with positive thoughts and makes me feel good..

Red..
 :)
for 11 år siden 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've been under the weather, but did water yesterday.  There's so much weeding to do.  Feeling upset this morning, I could channel my anger into some weeding later.  There's some rain due tomorrow, so that will be refreshing.
Note the yard is green and the flowers are blooming..Being that we don't get much rain in Southern Calif it takes a Lot of watering and money to keep it looking like this..They are talking some rain in the mountains but that doesn't due me much good in the hot inland valleys. We hardly every get rain here..

Red...

We put Sunflowers in this year all around the garden, they are bright and sunny and full of cheer.. So I would have to say they are my favorite this time around as are the flowering Zuni Crape Myrtles..This is the Myrtles first full summer with is and they are just beautiful..So I guess I have two favorites this year..

Red...

Jasper has made himself at home. Now if he would just shut up. He talks steady and has twenty or so different words or comments. I better put the butter away he may be a counter climber. No need to tempt him. 

It is so hot and dry the grass is turning yellow and going dormant. With out water all my flower beds and gardens would be dead. This has to end. It is calling for rain but there are no clouds.
Picked Raspberries today. Will probably pick more tomorrow. There are so many they are falling on the ground. Canes are falling over. I have pumpkins starting now. 

Red, I love petunias because they produce steady and accent well. This is the second summer for the rose and the flowers are bigger. The other rose in that bed is a bi colour, pink and white. I like the red the best though.

Davit
Davit and Hugs..
Thanks for sharing your Beautiful Bouquets !
I am soaking up their beauty..

Red
 :):)

Yesterday because of the extreme heat I was watering in a hurry and very late. Jasper showed up hungry and complaining so I put his milk on the deck on my way out and left the door open for Theodore who can be very slow making up his mind to go out. They look very similar so when I came in and saw a cat in I closed the door. Wrong cat. Jasper is hiding in my basement. I'll leave the doors open today and he can go out when he is ready. He must have belonged to some one because he is not that scared. 

Todays plan is to water and then possibly work more on my tiller. That may or may not happen. It isn't important. It certainly could be used if I get it going. There is no shortage of things I can do otherwise, including doing nothing. It will cool off again so till then all I really need to do is keep everything watered and alive. Including me.

Things are staring to put out fruit, this is always a source of pleasure. Did you know that pole beans always twist around the pole the same direction. It has to do with the rotation of the earth.

Davit.

Læser dennne tråd: