Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.764 emner i 47.064 indlæg

161.040 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: jujub1, mariebel, SWK679Learning, Number777, cbtelearning

Therapeutic Effects of Gardening

for 11 år siden 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Eating a tomato out of the garden was so different from buying one from the store, since the garden one was so sweet, versus the bland one from the store!
for 11 år siden 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today I weeded and ate Raspberries and sat in the garden till I got rained out. Then went back to work house cleaning.
Today I picked new potatoes and enjoyed them with butter.
Today a woman (no lady) brought her yappy dog into the store where I was and annoyed me.

Well two out of three isn't bad. I will never understand why some people are so inconsiderate. Well that was how she treated the stupid arrogant mutt. I showed good control by only letting the air out of her tires. No I didn't do that. Only in my mind.
See this bit of nonsense is how I deal with situations that bother me. Situations I have no control over. And lord knows there are enough of them.

Eating stuff out of my Garden, a good feeling.

Red thank you for posting this, it will make it easier to remove some of my trees. I have a nice sour cherry coming up that I should remove before I get attached to it.

Your friend too.
Davit
for 11 år siden 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today we cut down a tree and removed the stump..This afternoon we are finishing up with cutting up the branches..

Thats enough for today and this week for that matter..

Red...

I'm supposed plant one of the last few years' heritage tomatoes, since they were so abundant.  I have some others, since they were given to us.

I have to wait for this rain to stop, but I'm not complaining, since it's so abundant, and some people haven't any.
I don't know if anyone else does this but I collect seeds. Mostly marigolds so I can get the kind I want again. I put them in zip lock bags and label them. I'm going to start today. 

Davit.

Who looks at getting old when they aren't, even our plans don't allow for something we don't understand. So I have too many trees. It was good ten years ago but now it is too much work. No one is interested in picking. But they grow on you. Become old friends. I'm thinking of keeping only three. I'd make something out of the usable wood in the other five.
Apple is a nice hard wood. I'd like to start a new raspberry patch that I can work both sides of with a tractor too. Every thing is too big now. Which is okay in a way. I can grow green manure crops on half of it every year since I don't have cows or cow manure any more.

My trees are all grafted and not supposed to get big. I guess 12 feet isn't big compared to a 40 foot full size, but it still means a ladder. I'm too old to be playing on ladders but I do it anyway. 

This is fine if you have kids and grandkids that will come help. No guaranty there. So I till under the apples that fall and accept that this is life. Just like weeds and getting old. 

Sun is out, time to get started.

Red, I love the smell of fall, earthy. Love the colours too although ours are mostly yellows. Fall is just around the corner now. My carrots and onions are telling me that. Yeah I know there is a month but it will go fast. And soon there will be the first snow flakes. Hard to believe when it is this hot. And it all started with seeds in the house in March with snow outside.

Davit
Some critter likes doing their business near our parseley, which looks  like it's growing well.  I'll clean that up, and hopefully use the hedge trimmer to clean away weeds in the laneway and yard if it doesn't rain.

Usually I'm hoping for rain, but we've started some laundry, so it's great to hang out clothes for that fresh feeling

I'm having trouble getting going, but once I get going, the momentum will take me along.  I feel overwhelmed with the details of a renovation
The plum that I have is meant to be a fruitless plum..with no fruit..The leaves are dark purple almost black..they use them a lot in new housing tracks. Their root system is non aggressive so they do not get into homeowners pipes or cause problems with cracking concrete on driveways or walkways etc..I Still am in the thinking process about whether to put in the new tree or not and where..I am not sure I am ready get rid of the old one yet..I mean I am one of those old ones now too..It is a bit hard to just say off with the old and on with the new. I am a bit emotional about the garden and am used to the old familiar one..I will water it in its pot and if I don't plant it than I will find someone or someplace to donate it to..

Speaking of the Fall I sure do love the fall weather, cool, crisp, and all the colors..I crocheted a afghan in fall colors..I call it my fall afghan..Maybe I will make a fall quilt this year..in all the vibrant colors of fall..I really don't follow the school of thought when it come to quilting with a back ground color and maybe a little bit of bright. I just love to make things that pop..

Kind of like the tree and the sunflower in my pic..They pop....I think of the garden as a canvas too..If I am having a dark day looking outside and seeing all the bright colors brightens my mood and makes it feels good. I have been working with color in the yard since I was a kid, sweet peas were my the first love. As I became a teenager thats when it hit me, I guess that is when I began to look around for some cheer..The first plants I put in were some bright oleanders than two tree roses bushes to accent a walkway to the house and Welcome me home. That was the beginning of my love affair with gardening and I have been at it ever since..It is my therapy as I call it and has saved me on many occasions. It is a Big part of who I am..

Ps... no rain here usual, so I guess it's time to get back to the watering again...

Till next time My friends..

Red..

Plums need two to be fertile but I guess a sucker off the same tree doesn't work. I got flowers on both but no fruit. It would just be more work. So I removed one that was in the way. I would have to buy another unrelated and that is too much bother right now. For just me anyway. I have enough to do. I sure did not plan on growing old when I planted my trees. I'm glad I planted them all those years ago. I can sit under them now. Now if someone just would pick the apples I would sit under it and keep her wine cold for her. Or iced tea as the case may be. Oh right, it will be fall. Mulled cider or hot tea. Sitting under trees is the place to dream and plan even if the plans never happen. It is peace from something that knows no more than to grow every day. Just doing it's job which we have forgot how to do. We make everything so complicated. I wish it were not so. I wish we all had a garden we could sit in. 

Ah but there is still CBT. Second best but it works because we can not spend our lives sitting under a tree. Much as I would love too.

Davit. 

Ps. finally got a bit of rain. For me and the trees. Not enough but I won't complain even though I want more.
Found a new crape myrtle for the front yard today..Edd is going to dig up the old fruitless plum tree and plant to new tree this summer..I will be making the ice tea..We are going to take it slow and easy this time around..Thats For Sure..

Red..

Læser dennne tråd: