Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.764 emner i 47.064 indlæg

161.040 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: jujub1, mariebel, SWK679Learning, Number777, cbtelearning

morning panic

for 20 år siden 0 46 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am so glad I saw this thread. I haven't been here in a while, but I've had a really bad couple of days and this morning as I was experiencing my own version of panic I told myself I should come here today. As someone else here talked about, I've had a few experiences where I get depressed or anxious when I have my period. It was really bad last December, but then I had a few months of relief. I thought it was coincidental, because I'm used to feeling symptoms during the PMS stage, but they would usually go away once my period starts. This time a pain around my ovary set off intense worrying and I woke up this morning after only one and a half hours of sleep. My muscles started tensing involuntarily to the point of shaking, and when I'd consciously relax one area, another area would tense up and start shaking. From then on I fell asleep again in 20 and 30 minute increments, tensing up in between. You see, the fear was that the pain would eventually result in some doctor cutting out an organ, and that terrifies me. I'd also been having bad dreams this past week, which is rare for me. Also, some were discussing hearing songs when they wake up. This only happens to me when I'm in a good place, but I do have intense dreams about whatever TV show or book I was looking at before falling asleep and when I wake up I feel like the dreams are making me sick and agitated.
for 20 år siden 0 183 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks nurseboy for the info. I'm going to get the book you recommended and check out the website. I do believe you have just given me my first accurate diagnosis. I know I really do suffer from panic and anxiety like my MD said , but she didn't think I had a full blown case of OCD, but I think OCD is predomniately what I suffer from. I'm in maryland how bout you? I was kidding about where were you 8 months ago, but it would have been very comforting to be able to talk to a nurse about my symptoms. Unfortunately for you, you have people telling you about their symptoms all of the time. Does it ever rub off on you and make you obsess about getting what their sufferering from?
for 20 år siden 0 219 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OCD with mental compulsions (counting...) is called pure obsessional or pure o. check out ocdonline.com and read Brainlock by jeffrey schwartz. his 4 steps work! they are supposed to change your brain chemistry. i hate ocd and when it doesn't bother me i have panic. klonopin helps a lot but even though i take it as needed...i am afraid to suffer withdrawal symtoms at work (another obsession) because i can't leave if i get 'sick' as i am usually in charge. so, where are ya from? 8 months ago my ocd was in remission!
for 20 år siden 0 183 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
nurseboy, I swear I think we were twins seperated at birth. I have never read anyone else's posts on here that so resemble what I've gone through and still periodically experience. Where were you 8 months ago? I thought I was the only person in the world who's mind did all of that wacko stuff. I always believed I just had the obessions without the compulsions because I never physically did things like wash my hands all of the time or have to check if everything is turned off. but I have always counted things repeatedly, sometimes even my fingers over and over again. Hopefully I didn't just give you another compulsion by mentioning that. The power of suggestion can be awfully great when we suffer from these disorders. I can tell you though that your mind will be slowing down soon because with me it has been silenced for awhile now. Also now that I know what's wrong with me I'm not as frightened by it and I have to laugh at some of the things I've done.
for 20 år siden 0 42 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I, too,have morning panic. It seems the longerI lay there, the worse it gets. Sometime, I have the tingling. I get really upset thinking that it is going to be another one of those days. The sooner I get up and get started, the sooner, I get some relief. I go to mass every morning when I can convince myself that nothing is going to happen. Positivie thinking is the answer, but of God, is it hard to do sometime. Callie
i saw my shrink today and he told me that when i repeat things it is a compulsion that i use to keep my obsessive thoughts away. since i have ocd, my mind is hyperactive. when i leave work at night i'll walk past all the cars and my mind reads the liscense plates and plays with them...like spell the word pennsylvania or count the numbers on the plates. My mind is always doing something...i wish that it would go out and pay my bills while i enjoy myself at home. having ocd is like having a self and an alter ego. FUN!
for 20 år siden 0 364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mark aka Nurseboy, I also had periods of repeating myself, actually my son was the first to notice it, as I silently repeated sentences that was asked of me, as if I was trying to mentally process what was said to me. My son told me my mouth was moving and appeared to be repeating what he asked me, and I wasn't even aware I was doing it. This is another common symptom, and I did overcome it, when I was so bogged down thinking about my anxiety. It will get better. Trish
I wake up some times full of dread...feeling like i just got the worst news in the world...but no, nothings happened. Then my mind will race in a million directions and a song will appear out of nowhere (i think it is an attempt of the mind to slow itself down). the longer i stay in bed the worse it gets. so i just make myself get moving. My mind also repeats things that people say or things i hear. someone will walk past me and say "hello mark how are you?" and i'll say hello but my mind will repeat "hello, mark what are you doing today" WAY OVERACTIVE! maybe this is normal and everyone does it?
for 20 år siden 0 25 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
53runner, I can relate to being in the classroom with anxiety so well, it`s scary. Let`s chat!
for 20 år siden 0 25 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I hear you, Lawchick and Sammi...my tummy is upset in the morning and I have more intense panic attacks before my period (my hubby is in the know now, so he doesn`t think there`s a conspiracy against him! ;p ) I have to take a swig of some juice or something other than water to help when I wake up, or otherwise I`m stuck with this yukky upset stomach feeling. I`m not really sure if the juice actually helps with low blood pressure/low blood sugar in the morning, but it`s makes me feel a little better, at least. My mom and I both have had weak stomachs as far back as I can remember, so I just took it for granted that it was the norm (silly me). Motion sickness is also a problem at times, and it can lead to feelings of anxiety if not a full-on panic attack sometimes. Rhonddaro, I find that lack of enough sleep or full-out insomnia gets to me in the mornings, and I feel like a fussy baby. For some reason, though, I feel more vulnerable in the evenings overall, even when I haven`t been that active during the day.:quest:

Læser dennne tråd: