Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.764 emner i 47.064 indlæg

161.037 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: SWK679Learning, Number777, cbtelearning, Suder47, JJuarbe

Resources

for 9 år siden 0 100 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all, I'm bumping this thread originally started by Dave - a selection of online resources and books supporting different aspects of recovery - enjoy!
for 10 år siden 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
glad to be of some help. Hope all is going well. Going well for myself. I am at day 44 without a drink. I broke my wrist last Friday but I will still go to work on light duty. No urges really to speak of but next Saturday I am going to a party which should be interesting but I don't think  it will be a problem with the no drinking. At this point it is all in my head. Also my wife has been awesome. She has been great for me.

AJ
for 10 år siden 0 1009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's awesome AJ. Thank you very much for this. The first article pretty much validated everything I suspected around nutrition.

Very much appreciated!

Dave
| You may also want to check out this website  DoctorYourself.com and read the info under Alcoholism and Alcoholism 2  on the left side of the page.

AJ
I have been using that site for a while now. They have very good information and tools. Also have online chat 24/7 and scheduled  online meetings. I find the meetings a little bit confusing sometimes probably because I am not used to texting and sometimes I am not very patient but all in all it is a very good website and like anything else it is what you make of it and the effort you put into it.
AJ
for 10 år siden 0 1009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone,

Here is a link to a recovery program called SMART Recovery. Based on what I've read and know of members here this may be of benefit:

http://www.smartrecovery.org/

http://www.smartrecoveryontario.com/

4-Point Program

The SMART Recovery 4-Point Program offers tools and techniques for each program point:

1: Building and Maintaining Motivation
2: Coping with Urges
3: Managing Thoughts, Feelings and Behaviors
4: Living a Balanced Life

Our Approach
  • • Teaches self-empowerment and self-reliance.
  • • Provides meetings that are educational, supportive and include open discussions.
  • • Encourages individuals to recover from addiction and alcohol abuse and live satisfying lives.
  • • Teaches techniques for self-directed change.
  • • Supports the scientifically informed use of psychological treatments and legally prescribed psychiatric and addiction medication.
  • • Works on substance abuse, alcohol abuse, addiction and drug abuse as complex maladaptive behaviors with possible physiological factors.
  • • Evolves as scientific knowledge in addiction recovery evolves.
  • • Differs from Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous and other 12-step programs.
I hope this helps.

Best regards

Dave
for 11 år siden 0 154 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Dave for pointing me to this OCPD site and your encouragement.  Both my adult son and I have OCD and a lot of what is written here rings true.
for 11 år siden 0 1009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I found a positive site about OPCD (Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder). Some on the site have mentioned this is a challenge for them and contributes to their drinking challenge. Well I say let's take something like this (or ADHD) and focus on the positive and make it a strength instead of a challenge.

What some consider challenges I like to see as gifts unique to that person. Channeled in the right way these gifts can know no bounds.

Best regards,

Dave
for 11 år siden 0 1009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the book referral Turquoise. I'm looking forward to reading it. Downloaded the Kindle Edition.

Best regards,

Dave
for 11 år siden 0 409 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for checking, and yes, my blog is open for anyone to read and comment on, if it helps them. If I wanted it to be private, I would not post it here. I know that other blogs have helped me from time to time, but it is primarily for me to keep a detailed diary of my successes and failures... and successes! I'm glad you are finding good things in it. I haven't actually gone back and read the entire thing for a long time, so I think I will have to do that!!!

Læser dennne tråd: