Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.764 emner i 47.064 indlæg

161.037 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: SWK679Learning, Number777, cbtelearning, Suder47, JJuarbe

Group Discussion on Session 8

for 12 år siden 0 11226 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi ~m,

Glad you liked session 8. Glad someone enjoyed the humour

You certainly do NOT need to identify all your core beliefs before moving to the next session. Challenging your negative core beliefs will be ongoing and continual but you will certainly need to take breaks and there is no way you will be able to get a handle on all of them within the next few weeks. It is also a lot easier to challenge them once you have positive beliefs to replace them with.

Keep an eye out for negative core beliefs in your regular thought records and jot them down to challenge later.

Ashley, Health Educator
for 12 år siden 0 1022 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Is it necessary to fully identify all my negative core beliefs before I move on to the next session?  I don't really want to examine my negative core beliefs anymore. I just want to
create and acknowledge positive core beliefs.  
for 12 år siden 0 1022 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I just finished the revised Session 8.

It made me smile.

A nice finish to a difficult session. 

Check it out friends... 
Nice! Parabens!

How does it feel?

Ashley, Health Educator
for 12 år siden 0 619 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Ashley,

One more week to finish the program. I am almot there!

Thanks for posting eleveno.

It looks like you are doing a lot of hard work!

If you are finding the goals difficult try to focus on no more then three goals.  Even if you just have to focus on one goal for now that is fine.

Ashley, Health Educator
for 12 år siden 0 619 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This week was not easy. Identifying some of my core beliefs.

I think the program could improve here and especially the worksheets who get confused. I had to search the Internet for other resources to help identifying my core beliefs and I used the technique of "laddering".

I used some of my previous thought records to review negative thoughts and to identify which core beliefs are behind each negative thought. I found the following core beliefs:
- I am incompetent
- I am not assertive
- I am not healthy
- I expect the worst to happen

I will keep working on my core beliefs but the above ones already have an huge impact in my life. Now I see that it's not a surprise that I feel depressed. Which person wouldn't be depressed if they though they were incompetent, not assertive, not healthy and expect the worst to happen?

Mood tracker: This week I had some ups and downs. I also noticed some trends in my mood during the week: the best day of the week is Friday and the worst is Monday.

Journaling: I am using journaling to help me in my worst days and it has been working to improve my mood.

Medicine: I feel my depression is reacting very well to the antidepressant. The same I could not say about insomnia. Meds have had few impact in improving my sleep. I am having some sleep but it is not a quality sleep. Not everything is perfect and I realize that I will be dealing with insomnia for some more time.

Goals: It is really difficult to work on goals. When I look at my goals planner I feel overwhelmed with so many thing do do and the dates to complete each step. Also, I am not on schedule and I chance plans frequently. I think this is normal but I still need to keep working on goals to see what works for me.

Therapy: I am visiting my therapist 2 times a month since he noticed considerable improvements. I arrived at the conclusion that I am left brain orientated and maybe this explains why CBT has been so effective with me. Now my therapist wants that I put my right brain to work so I can be more spontaneous and avoid perfectionisms who contribute for my anxiety.
for 14 år siden 0 113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jimmy that is a great outlook  you have there, I think often we have to remind ourselves that we are good inside, no matter what others think of us.

And the golden rule is one that I too go by...treating others the way I would want to be treated.

Another personal rule I try to go by, is walking a mile in that other person's shoes, sometimes because too often I forget that other people aren't me....it makes it easier to see things from that person's point of view I believe.

Kat

for 14 år siden 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is good affirmation Jimmy and a great goal to reach!

Thank you for sharing!

Josie, Health Educator
for 14 år siden 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just finished 8

Long ago i decided I was a good person and i did good things and i am still both of those...I can not control peoples opinions of me, I do not to be part of the negative associations, i do what is best for me an my family and give my children strong beliefs and good character.

I am kind to others and treat others as i would want to be treated, i am a good person!

Læser dennne tråd: