Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.764 emner i 47.064 indlæg

161.040 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: jujub1, mariebel, SWK679Learning, Number777, cbtelearning

Need talk to someone who truly understand how I feel

for 19 år siden 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Dealia, You MUST see a doctor or therapist in your area; call your insurance company and they will supply any questions you need to find a psych just for meds and a therapist for talking things out. I know there is someone out there to help you even if you are on medicaid/medicare. You must be seen. It's late and I am going to keep an eye on you. Dont worry, just dial the phone and do it yourself girlfriend. God Bless, Christine.
Dear Dealia14, That Psych. u saw was very rude and is usually does Not happen. U just had a pretty bad experience is all. Now listen up, you have insurance, right? Or maybe if u are on medicaid/medicare, you have insurance. Call them and ask of all the doctors in your area that except that insurance and they will find you one that is accepting patients. Maybe, first you would want to see a therapist but they cannot give you meds. they talk to you about everything and anything. they also would recommend a Psych IF they thought you really need the meds. So either find a therapist or a psychiatrist JUST FOR MEDS not for therapy. So the Psychiatrist doesn't talk to you except about what meications u should start taking. DO IT!!! Get someone in the mental health field nearest your home. Don't depend on just your primary doctor. Sometimes they mean well, but they donno what they are doing either. The are the Facts and you must help yourself or u are doomed to despair. So, think about it my dear friend. Luv ya, Christine
for 19 år siden 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well I went to see the psychiatrist yesterday and I feel as though I am right back to square one again. To make a long story short this doctor originally didn't want to see me (he wasn't accepting new patients) but my family doctor talked to him and he agreed to see me.After waiting a whole month to get in to see him he made me feel as though I was wasting his time. He asked me some questions wrote some information down then he doubled my dose of Paxil to 50 mg from 25mg and sent me on my way.I even mentioned about my thoughts of suicide and he didn't comment on it at all. I asked if I should make a follow up visit to see him ,but he said no just go see my family doctor for a follow up. I feel as though this will never end ,it is hopeless . The doctor was cold and careless and there aren't any others in this area for me to see. I don't know where to turn now. I am so exhausted , I can't sleep anymore than a couple of hours at a time all I do is toss and turn . My mind just won't let me rest. Who do I turn to now? I need someone who truly understand how I feel.I am glad I found this forum to come to and vent . I am usually a shy person and tend to keep things bottled up . I do feel a bit better now that I have come here to get this off of my chest.
for 19 år siden 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dealia, please let us know how your appointment went yesterday.
Dear Dealia14, I am 52 years old and been thru heck and back. If you need to talk with me regarding Anything at all, please feel free to get back to me as I know you had an appt. today. However, if you live in NY, the weather was very bad. Hope u did get to your doctor. Let's see, I am a brand new member as of TODAY!!! I take medication also and it's nothing to be ashamed of at all. I take an anti-depressant, anxiety pill, xanax and I use to take other totally different meds as the years went on. I have been depressed also with Panic Attacks since I was a small child. I also NEED to talk to you if you can? I have quite a bit of knowledge and maybe we could just throw some things around and see what happens. Talk to me. I am lonely with this as you would well know. Thankyou for your time. God Bless. Sincerely, Babygirl921
Dealia14, How did your appointment go today? Are you making any progress? We had a warm day yesterday (which seemed to help my mood a little), but it's cold and snowing again today. I have gone to work the last two days, but I'm still having alot of anxiety. I'm a homemaker/cna for an elderly man who loves running around on days he feels up to it. It's hard for him to understand how difficult it is for me to go into stores, restraunts, etc...but, I guess it's hard for alot of people to understand if they've never experienced social anxiety or depression. Are you able to talk to your husband about what you're feeling? I've tried - and can't. I wish, more than anything, that he (my husband) would be understanding and supportive. He and I have had some really tough times the last few months (he has been fighting an addiction to "crank") and it has put a strain on our relationship. I also keep thinking of my family. What chance would my boys have without me? Hang in there Dealia14...and please, let me know how you're doing. Edited on 3/8/2005 @ 10:19:37 PM by The Support Team
for 19 år siden 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cindy, Welcome to our support community, and congratulations on such determiantion and progress. You have come to the right place! Please feel free to roam the site at your own pace. If you look to the left of the screen under "TOOLS" you will find our Depression Test. This test is not a diagnostic tool and is not a replacement or substitute for a physician's advice. The purpose of these tests is to prepare you with information that you can present to your physician. When you're finished the test, you can either print your Final Report or email it directly to your doctor. This may better assess the situation for you and your doctor. If you have any question or concerns with our site or please contact Support Department at support@depressioncenter.net. We are open to any questions or concerns you may have. Josie ___________________________________ The Depression Center Support Team. Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
for 19 år siden 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi there, i am new to this site, but i can understand where you are comming from Deliah I am 51 and have a 5 year old son. My depression got so bad my Dr. suggested that my family in Il. take him for a month untill i get better. Well I still have not gotten to see a theripist, it is not that I have not tried. T hey don't return my phone calls. I am also a diabetic. I am starting to feel better and can only go up. I was told that I have a condition that is calledschizoaffective disoder. It is a combination of schizophreniaand a affective mood disodereither major depression or bipolor disorer. My goal is to have my son back in time for Easter. I just think that I will make it. :)
for 19 år siden 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry to hear you are having a rough time right now. I am not doing much better now than I was when I first posted . I still feel as though I am in a fog. Some days I feel dead inside. I don't enjoy anything , everything takes so much energy to get accomplished. I am completely worn out. Some days I am not sure how much more I can take, but then I think of my family and push on for another day. I wish I had an answer for you , but right now I don't.
Dealia14, I would've never registered with this site if I hadn't read your message. I am a 33 yr old mother of 2 boys (13 and 11) and have been married for almost 13 yrs. I am currently suffering from a major depressive episode (I was diagnosed with depression at the age of 14 and manic depression at the age of 25). I have not been to work in 2 days. I spent all day Friday trying to get in to see a Psychiatrist (I have an appt. on 3/18/05, but was hoping to be fit in as an emergency). Wouldn't you know it - all of her appts. showed up. I have been dealing with some pretty tough issues lately and I guess they've finally gotten the best of me. I am currently "in the fog" and I was wondering How you are doing and, if you are doing better... What has helped?

Læser dennne tråd: