Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.764 emner i 47.064 indlæg

161.039 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: mariebel, SWK679Learning, Number777, cbtelearning, Suder47

strange and scary feeling

for 19 år siden 0 110 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
yes, i also find the best comparison is being stoned! I'm actually about to start up therapy (cbt and clinical hypnotism) to try to get rid of/deal with this feeling. Also, regular exercise. I'll let you know, well, i'll let ALL of you know if it helps (as we're so many with this feeling!) I try to not panic about it, try to laugh it off "Oh, there's that feeling again, oh well" and try not to focus on it, try to find something funny to get a laugh, which at least helps bring the tension back down.
for 19 år siden 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
the dissociative states have been some of the worst feelings i have had since my anxiety disorder started, they perpetuate my anxiety levels through the roof. i have this feeling of just being spaced out, not in this world, unreality or what ever you want to call it. i notice that when i feel like this my thoughts get carried away & i start to think that this is the begining of schizophrenia or a psychotic illness. the only thing i can compare this feeling to is being on drugs. it scares the hell out of me that with anxiety/panic that you can get these feeling without being on anything its a very scary feeling isnt it.
for 19 år siden 0 110 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I feel it ALL THE TIME now a days. Some docs say it could be caused by hyperventilating, you don't even realize it but you'Re breathing too shallow, quick breaths. I try abdominal breathning, which calms me down, but so far hasn't helped me get rid of that feeling.
for 19 år siden 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i feel the same most of the time i didnt know someone else feelt the same
for 19 år siden 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am there too. I did not know this even had a name much less that others experience it too. It is almost a detatched feeling of sorts for me... I hate it.
for 19 år siden 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know exactly where you are coming from,, produced by anxiety but it does have a name.... you are not alone.... Fondly KC
for 19 år siden 0 151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The experience you are describing is called "depersonalization" A state in which the normal sense of personal identity and reality is lost, and "derealization" The feeling that things in one's surroundings are strange, unreal, or somehow altered Both "states" are common to anxiety sufferers and they are the result of fatigue. Being tired from being alert "listening in" hour after hour, day by day, waiting for the least little symptom to manifest. Being tired from constantly trying to fight the feelings, dread, anticipation. Stress and worry deplete the body of vitamins and minerals at an alarming rate, faster than cardio exercise. The mind gets fatigued too, from trying to stay on high alert all the time, being tense and constant worrying thoughts and [b]what if[/b] thinking. Both are harmless, uncomfortable yes, scarey yes, but it just means your battery is low and you need to recharge. When you are feeling this way it is best to just accept it as being fatigued and sensitive, with rest and some nutrition it will go away just like it appeared.
for 19 år siden 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That "I'm not real" feeling has been the hallmark of my panic attacks since I was 9 years old, and it is really really scary. As a child I thought I was crazy, I didn't know how to deal with it and didn't even know how to tell anyone about it. Now, as an adult, it is still pretty scary but I have done enough reading and research to know that, as scary as it is, it will pass and it is a symptom of panic disorder,nothing more. It is such a weird feeling, though - it feels like you don't even exist.
for 19 år siden 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i've been going through the same feeling lately. i am so disoriented, it's scary. my house doesn't look like my house, my street seems unfamiliar. I know where I am, but it just doesn't seem real. i've been changing my meds around. i'm not sure if that has something to do with it. just wanted you to know i've been going through the exact same thing. i was feeling it today & tried to describe it to my parents. you aren't alone.
for 19 år siden 0 25 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i know exactly what you're going through. i carry on with my daily activiyies but it seems i always have this worry that something is going to happen. i may get light headed, rapid heart rate, etc. i'm constantly payiny attention to how i feel all the time. somedays are great and i carry on like i did before, but then it seems to just come on and there i am in that cycle of worrying. goodluck & God Bless.

Læser dennne tråd: