Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.764 emner i 47.064 indlæg

161.038 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: mariebel, SWK679Learning, Number777, cbtelearning, Suder47

Dealing with loss

for 16 år siden 0 183 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's so very sad to hear of a tragedy like this, and hard not to think of the emotional pain he was in and the shock, pain and grief he left behind. And regardless of how close you were to this friend, I'm sensing that your deep empathy for others is a part of who you are as a person. It's a rare and wonderful gift, even though in times like this it may not feel like it. Yes, as wildcat says, when you're emotionally fragile it can cross over into hypersensitivity, but otherwise it's what makes you the warm, kind, compassionate person that you are. I also read in your words a sense of helplessness because you want to help but you're so far away -- the letter is a great idea, and remember that your friend has others around her and isn't alone in this. (My brother's cat died when I was living on the other side of the world -- I cried for 2 days and I wasn't even depressed at the time. At the time, I felt ridiculous for crying like that over a cat, but later realized that it wan't the cat I was crying for -- more a sense that my home, my stability, had changed while I was away... or something like that) As the others said, allow yourself to feel, to grieve, because it's a sad, sad thing that has happened. And cherish your caring nature.
for 16 år siden 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi smfry. do you have other rituals? my son and I light a candle and send a prayer to my Father who died while I was preg with my daughter. I have known many how have anxiety disorders and hypersensitivity is a common trait. So we often feel what others around us feel. I have been learning to control the intensity of these outside stimulii ... some days are better than others!!!
for 16 år siden 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Daily Llama, Perth, and Josie for your comments. I do believe that I am in shock/disbelief. I seem to have a very hard time with loss, but not all of the time. When I am feeling better I deal with life better. When I'm not feeling well loss seems to set me back. I guess I need some tools to help me better deal with things when I am not feeling well. That way I don't get set back too far. I spoke with my husband this evening and talking about it made me feel better. We also decided to send a sympathy card to the family which I think will help me cope. Believing that my friend will get a sense of peace from the card, makes me feel better. Living 1500 miles away makes it hard as well. We will not be able to go home for the wake/funeral. Which is usually part of the grieving process for me.
for 16 år siden 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
SmFry, We are sorry to hear of this loss. This can be quite an emotional time. Take yourself some time to know that you are actively working towards progress and this is commendable. Josie, Health Educator
for 16 år siden 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
SmFry, it must be horrible.... my father has died four years ago and this was the visible reason of me getting depressed, so I can understand when you feel down now. Be cautious, not to grieve too much - it's really easy to say I know. I just can say, I was grieving for my mother and it made things even more difficult. She again reflected my feelings and couldn't get better as long as I was down. Really interesting - or rather a vicious circle. Let you time but then let you feel better too. Okay? It'll probably help your friend too. hope you'll feel better soon ! I cross my fingers for you. Daily Llama, thanks for your great support everytime! I wish, I could provide so good support as you do always! take care everybody
for 16 år siden 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
SmFry, you've had a terrible shock to your psyche. The feeling sick and the crying and the anxiety are all part of the shock. Your friend must be in terrible pain. It's also normal to have to take a few hours or even a day off work when such a thing happens to you. It's not at all so 'removed' from you insofar as your friend is close to you and is right at the beginning of the grief cycle; this is affecting you directly, in fact. Grieve for your friend. Cry when you want to cry and I'm very sure that your boss will understand how upset you are by such an event. It's a shame, because we know that suicide is never the answer - look at all the pain and hurt this poor man has left in the wake of his act... Be good to yourself, SmFry.
for 16 år siden 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So today I found out that my friends Dad took his life on Sunday. Leaving behind 3 kids and a wife. I felt like I was doing pretty well with my depression. But this has sent me into an anxiety attack I feel like I a going to throw up, I can not stop thinking about it, and keep crying off and on. Had to leave work 4 hours early. What can I do when things like this happen and upset my life so much to disturb my job? I don't know why I am taking it so hard. This person is so removed from my life, but just hearing the news sends me into a downward spiral. How do I clear mt head of this so it doesn't hurt and make me cry?

Læser dennne tråd: