Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.764 emner i 47.064 indlæg

161.039 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: mariebel, SWK679Learning, Number777, cbtelearning, Suder47

Relapse and unbearable loneliness

for 18 år siden 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bergen, We are always here to listen when you need someone to talk to. Check back soon, Danielle ____________________________________ The Depression Center Support Team
for 18 år siden 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you for the suggestion, Danielle, but with my job it's not really possible. I travel an hour each way to work and I leave at 5:30 a.m. M-W-F so I can hit the gym and 6:30 a.m. Tu-Th. I don't get home until after 6, and by then I'm too tired to go anywhere. It seems that my weekends are taken up with laundry, housecleaning, grocery shopping and cooking for the week. I will try to see about having my doctor send me to a nutritionist, though. I've been really good about following Weight Watchers first and now South Beach (at my primary's suggestion), but nothing is happening after 2 years on WW and now 2-1/2 months on SB. As for the loneliness, it's been with me forever, but sometimes it's just overwhelming. Even though I've lived alone for 33 years, it's only been the last few that have been so difficult. All my friends got married and most had kids. That leaves me out of most of their day-to-day lives. Anyway, thanks again. I've gotten through this before and I'm optimistic as I can be right now that I'll be able to do it again.
for 18 år siden 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bergen, Thanks for sharing your story with us. Have you ever considered consulting a professional dietician for help? Maybe you would benefit from the aid and supervision of a professional? Feeling alone is very common among people with depression. What do you think about joining a club of sorts, a class or undertaking a new hobby and making it a goal you can work towards? Danielle _____________________________________ The Depression Center Support Team
for 18 år siden 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I was successfully treated for depression that came out of nowhere about two years ago. I was on Wellbutrin for a year and made an amazing recovery. Biggest problem was that I gained a lot of weight on the medication (and some simultaneous asthma drugs). Of course, the weight gain contributed to my depression -- I had worked VERY hard about five years prior to the depression and I successfully lost 90 pounds. It broke my heart to see it come back, but it was better than being depressed. For the past year I've been working out at the gym 3 mornings a week (getting up at 5 to do it), being really careful about what I eat, and yet I can't seem to lose any weight. My doc tested my thyroid, but it's OK. The longer this goes on, the sadder I get. Now couple all this with the fact that I'm single, have NO single friends, spend most all my time alone, and PRESTO, the depression has been lurking around the edges of my life just waiting to push back in. Over the past two days I'm afraid it's won. So I guess I want to know, what makes life worth living if you have to do it alone? I'm not a kid and I've been alone forever. I need suggestions. Thanks!

Læser dennne tråd: