Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.764 emner i 47.064 indlæg

161.039 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: mariebel, SWK679Learning, Number777, cbtelearning, Suder47

breakup in the midst of trying to get better

for 17 år siden 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Capa, That's great! So glad to see you starting to get up & about. Do you think you may attempt a pleasurable activity? How are you coming along with the program? Any questions? Danielle _____________________ The DC Support Team
for 17 år siden 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Danielle and Confused. I'm starting to feel a little better about things. I talked to my psychiatrist about it, and she reminded me that it was normal to feel down about this kind of event, and that it didn't necessarily mean the depression was taking over again, as I feared. She also upped my AD a little. For whichever reason, I felt better enough yesterday evening to do my dishes, some laundry, and go to the store. After a week of not doing those things, this felt like a big accomplishment! Especially when I had already run out of spoons and used the 1 tsp. measuring spoon to eat cereal yesterday. :p
for 17 år siden 0 183 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi capa It sounds to me as though you still have your optimism -- sad as you are about the break-up, you still see the opportunity. I think you're absolutely right to focus your energy on getting yourself back on track -- you'll then have more strength to work on mending the relationship. As to what will help at this moment to deal with the additional pain and hurt, I'll echo Danielle: be extra kind to yourself, and allow yourself to feel the loss. Perhaps putting the worry off to the side to deal with later might help as well. Then one small step at a time to get yourself moving forward again. Easy to say, hard to do, but I think you have a good attitude -- that and your optimism will help you through this. Curious
for 17 år siden 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Capa, You've faced a loss. We advise you to take a few days, be kind to yourself and mourn it. Then time to move on... get back to the CBT program and most importantly, keep scheduling pleasant activities. Accomplishing them will not only help lift your mood but keep your mind off the break up and may even give you a little bit of that optimism back. Hope this helps. Danielle ____________________ The DC Support Team
for 17 år siden 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all, I wasn't sure whether to post this in setbacks or relationships...I guess it doesn't matter. I'm looking for a little support/advice. So, I finally found a med (cymbalta) a few weeks ago and had been feeling a lot better, after 2 years (!). My boyfriend of several years was here visiting me, everything was fine, and suddenly he lost his temper over something small. Long story short, he said he was frustrated with the long distance relationship (not the first time we've had this discussion), and I guess we broke up. Most of the time he is most supportive and helpful, esp. regarding my depression. Although I'm sad, I don't feel devastated - I mean, I do, but at the same time, I see this as an opportunity to concentrate on me, my school/career situation, and on getting better without spending the energy worrying about our relationship. And I don't know what will happen with us in the future - things will work out the way they should. But for the short term, I feel like this has set me back quite a bit. I want to get the optimism back that I had started to feel. I know the med. is working somewhat, since normally I think I would still be in bed over this, but I guess my question is, what do I do from here? How can I keep up the momentum of getting better? Thanks for any suggestions.

Læser dennne tråd: