Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.764 emner i 47.064 indlæg

161.037 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: SWK679Learning, Number777, cbtelearning, Suder47, JJuarbe

Group Discussion on Session 7

for 12 år siden 0 11226 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Fantastic!

Ashley, Health Educator
for 12 år siden 0 619 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I found the problem solving and behavioral experiment worksheet useful. I applied the problem solving techniques to a real problem.

Right now I am practicing the behavioral experiment to test positive predictions about my sleep. I am changing some habits that could affect my sleep and test them with a behavioral experiment to see if helps with my insomnia.

Mood tracker: except for one day on the last week my depression levels were bellow 30. The day I felt worse was on monday and was triggered by a big headache.

Pleasant activities: Most of the days I am doing a pleasant activity.

Goals: Not the progress I expected but I still managed to do some activities.

Relaxation: I have been practicing yoga and meditation regularly which enables me to relax at the end of a work day.

Medication: Wellbutrin (antidepressant) is having an important contribution to alleviate my depression. I am still managing insomnia and my doctor is trying to help me with this issue (last night I had some decent sleep which is good).

Therapy: I was visiting my therapist every week but on the last session he said that I could start visiting him biweekly since he noticed a significant improvement. I do not feel this therapy (psychodynamic) has helped me. On the other hand I feel that CBT have had some benefits. I told my therapist that I was doing a CBT program online but he was somehow skeptical.

It has been a lot of work (doing the CBT activities and others) but the payoff is that I am feeling good with myself and very different than when I started this program 7 weeks ago.
for 14 år siden 0 217 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have to admit that problem solving is a huge part of my occupation and I do this on a daily basis. My challenge here is to apply these same tactics to my everyday life and my depression. Attacking problems that I face at home or with my family with an approach. Breaking things down into smaller steps and going for it. Making a plan is always more effective than free-styling it!

Strength 

for 14 år siden 0 113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My favourite part of this Session (actually let me just say sorry it took so long for me to get here, it's just been a bit hectic at home) but I managed to spend a little bit of time on this tonight, anyways, my favourite part was the tips for problem solving. 

I guess sometimes I let problems seem bigger than they are, and this can really bring me down...I think the most important part from the tips was actually #1: breaking it down into smaller steps so it's more manageable and ...this has been helfpul and I will try to keep this one in mind!

Kat
for 14 år siden 0 11226 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members,

If you are just joining us, we are working through the Depression Centre program together, as a group so that we can support and encourage each other.  We are discussing a session each week. If you have already started the program feel free to add your thoughts.  You may even decide to review this session for the purpose of this group discussion.
If you are not at Session 7 yet please check back in the forums and find the discussion on the session you have completed, add your thoughts and view what others have had to say.

Our goals for this session are to:
•    Introduce you to some problem solving techniques
•    Introduce you to the idea of using experiments to test out some of your thoughts about specific situations

Which tips did you find helpful?  Did you test any of your predictions? What was the result?

Ashley, Health Educator

Læser dennne tråd: