Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.764 emner i 47.064 indlæg

161.040 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: jujub1, mariebel, SWK679Learning, Number777, cbtelearning

dealing with negativity

for 19 år siden 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Batty: About your boss, it's his fault, I feel that he has some anger management issue of his own to deal with. I really can relate to you. I get a mood setback everytime when anything happens to me. Trust me, I've been through exactly what you've been through really frequent. I can't say I actually deal with these feelings because, well, what can I do, I'm still a kid. I just go online and talk to people and sometimes it makes me feel a lot better and I'd forget about my anger. Whenever you feel that way, Batty, just do something you really enjoy, or at least you know will relax you.
for 19 år siden 0 142 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
me too kendy! i am the saaaaaaaame way. and in fact it seems worse with ppl i dont care about. i cant figure out why that is. i dont need or want there approval but they can say one thing to me and it just sets me off. like today. my boss....what a jerk. a peice of equipment broke and he had to fix it. he had a call from one of the other employees and i paged him to tell him he had a call. he came in screaming at me yelling f**k this and that and told me to stop f**king bothering him. was i stupid...couldnt i see he was busy??? and it set me off. when i get manic i get really irritable and i feel that way now. its like its magnified because of how he spoke to me. i told him to never speak to me like that again or else i will walk out. i wont take being talked to like that. this wasnt the first time. he likes to talk to ppl like they are stupid and beneath him. oooh i cant stand ppl like him. but see, now my emotions are going and im agro and hyped up. i am trying to calm myself down but its hard. and if i let it sink in then i will start getting depressed and thinking bad about myself. so i cant let that happen. im rambling im sorry. but i hope you know what i mean.
for 19 år siden 0 99 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh yeah. I can relate. The dumb thing with me is that the negativity can come from someone I don't even like or who I know is a liar and it STILL bothers me. I don't think it's just bi-polar. I am major-depressive/anxiety disorder and the littlest thing can send me on a tail-spin.
thank you to you both. i am trying to work on that. its hard tho, to not let someone get the best of you. get under your skin ya know? rationally i know that most of the ppl that make negative comments to me i shouldnt give a crap about. they are no better than me but something inside me takes it so personal and i dont know why. im sure it all stems back to the ptsd. maybe its a part of bipolar. i dont know. but it certainly can change my mood in an instant and keep it low for weeks. im glad i found this site tho. i tend to hold so much in. at least i can post here and not feel so bad.
for 19 år siden 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Morning to both of you. I also battled with this for a very long time. I did not get negative comments at all, but I thought that people should do it. It was so bad that I could stay awake for days just thinking about it. Eventually I found that other people actually like me, but I don't like myself (because of various reasons) I had to learn to deal with my own insecurities before I was able to say: It doesn't matter what they say, I love myself. I know, it wasn't easy, but I eventually got there. Good luck to both of you.
for 19 år siden 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Batty: I have the same problem. And all these comments and criticism have been following me for the past 3 years. They made me a very vindictive and agressive person. Even though I don't get negative comments as much now, I'll almost hallucinate about other people making comments about me and I just can't remember who. These comments made me a very timid person and I avoid to go into the public as much as possible. And the hating myself part and what you described came into my life as well. I can't say I deal with it, I let these feelings get to me because I've basically given up on myself in most parts. But I kept myself focused on my school work. Just before school ended, it was one of the hardest times in my life and I just didn't know if I could get through it. I thought about taking drugs and running away, but it was a comment from my friend that really got me going "When you get past all that, you'll be able to tell everyone else that you got through them all by yourself". That quote was a motivation for me, and I focused on my school work and came out surprisingly successful. So I guess what I'm trying to tell you is that think about what you really want right now, what will help you in the future, like your academic achievements maybe, and focus on them and just try, I know it's really hard, but just try to clear all the negative comments from your mind and try the hardest at what you want to do and then worry about the other things if you want to. After all that, you will know that at least you have some accomplishments and all the negative comments and criticisms won't be as daunting to you compared to your achievements. Good luck
i wonder if anyone else has a problem with this as i do. any sort of negative comment or critisim brings me down hard. i feel horrible and it sends me into a tailspin. i start the cycle of hating myself, being depressed and then suicidal thoughts come into play. does anyone else go through that and if so how do you deal with it?

Læser dennne tråd: