Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.764 emner i 47.064 indlæg

161.040 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: jujub1, mariebel, SWK679Learning, Number777, cbtelearning

Went to my doc appointment yesterday

for 20 år siden 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You should look into getting another doctor. My doctor spends time with me plus makes sure I have enough samples to last me until my next appointment. All doctors have these samples availabe, just ask them. Hope this helps, Lisa
for 20 år siden 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This doctor's behavior is totally unacceptable. You have the right to know what you can expect from any drug he prescribes--any side effects, how it might help you. Also, usually when prescribing a new med, doctors will give you samples for the first few weeks because if there's a problem with the drug, you will have wasted good money and may need to throw the remainder away. The relationship between a therapist and patient has to be one of trust and if you feel that this doctor will not listen to you, or you'd be afraid to tell him things because of his possible negative reaction, you need to find someone else. If you have insurance, find out what other doctors they use in your area, or ask your primary care physician for advice. This is too important to just accept unprofessional behavior. Good luck.
for 20 år siden 0 293 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ilewella, You should never be "dismissed" by your Doctor. I would recommend letting him know how you feel or perhaps looking for another one. Medications should always be explained. Susanne
for 20 år siden 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I gave him the depression test and he asked me some questions. I thought at first he was going to blow me off since he does't have the greatest bedside manner. He didn't seem to like the fact that I did research on depression and meds. He than asked me if I would take meds and, of course, I said yes. He didn't go over what's out there or get any of my input. He didn't even tell me what it was...I found out by reading the prescription. Celexa. I started to ask questions...drug interactions, side effects, cost. He didn't want to hear it. I was going to ask about a generic version or free samples but didn't when he seemed annoyed that I asked about cost (we're a one income household at the moment...I don't want to even start looking for a job until I've got some of the depression and all the side effects under control). I was in the middle of asking about other stuff when he looked at his watch, closed my file and then dismissed me. Not a good thing to do. I had to ask about alcohol consumption at the pharmacy and look at side effects on the internet. I have to go back in 3 weeks and I guess I'll find out if I have to start therapy. My husband's ****ed about how the doctor acted (I ain't pleased either) and wants me to see if the shrink'll refer me to another doctor or call my old one and see what she says. Celexa is soooooooo expensive. It cost $101 and change. When I asked the doc about the cost he said something like it's a newer drug and it won't be $15 a pill but it won't be that cheap either. Must be nice to be in the position to say that. Would've been better if he had free samples. My husband figures he's getting paid to prescribe it since he didn't talk to me about it. Is that normal...not getting your input in what kind of meds you should be taking? I doubt the doc's even going to bat an eye when I tell him about my side effects since he doesn't seem to listen to anything that's said.

Læser dennne tråd: