Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.764 emner i 47.064 indlæg

161.040 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: jujub1, mariebel, SWK679Learning, Number777, cbtelearning

My Mom is depressed and I dont know how to help

for 20 år siden 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sebastian, I don't know if you're still checking this posting, but I thought I'd respond just in case. I was taking Paxil myself for a while & it did help me. With any major drug there are dangers, but the only effects I had were minor - the most annoying being a tendency to bounce my leg which bugged others more than me. If you're still concerned with the drug, I'm sure there are lots of resources, including your mom's doctor, who can help you. Have you ever spoken with your mom about your concerns? I hope you're doing well, & that she gets better soon. Good luck, :) - Wayfarer21
for 20 år siden 0 68 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Sebastian, I feel for you and very much also for your mom. She had to deal with major losses over the past 6 months and is grieving. It is very hard to see people be taken away from us, knowing that we will never see them again. She must be in a lot of pain and to lessen the pain she is now taking Paxil. I have been on Paxil and did not experience any of the horrors you are talking about in your post. But I agree and appreciate your concern, that it would be better if your mom did not need those drugs. But, sometimes when lives gets unusually hard and painful and all of our energy sources have been depleted, it may be the only solution to get through the day. Your mom will not be on those drugs forever, it is a temporary solution. I am sure that her health care provider is keeping a close eye on how she is reacting and what is going on. That is a really good thing, that your mom went to a doctor that can help her. Also, maybe you can tell her about other help that is available for the proces of grieving, like supportgroups or psychologists that are specialized in grief.
for 20 år siden 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My Mom has been really depressed for the last 6 months or so and I don't know what to do. Two of her friends died, then she had a hysterectomy and right after that her mother died. I just noticed she began taking Paxil and I feel very uncomfortable about that because of all of the horror stories I hear about that drug. If anyone has been in a similair situation and knows how I could talk to her about alternative treatments I would greatly appreciate it.

Læser dennne tråd: