Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.764 emner i 47.064 indlæg

161.039 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: mariebel, SWK679Learning, Number777, cbtelearning, Suder47

Waist Hip Ratio

for 19 år siden 0 149 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Starr; I did do a lot of research after I had been on the various meds I tried, but they all have side effects in one way or another. I wrote letters to the hospitals, and drug companies, and brought up some concerns with surgeons when I had breast tumors removed. My surgeon did a special paper on my case, and now they have found in Toronto St. Margarets Hospital studies, that in fact if you are on these drugs for two or more years, you have a much higher chance of getting breast cancer than average. I was happy to be a part in the study, and to push for action there with other action groups too. I have also been through a thorough body image hospital program which is designed to help you focus on the inner you, and blast the diets, because they usually make you worse. I even bought a pin that says NO MORE DIETING which I hide in my jewelry drawer now. I have really tried, but in the past 6 years or so I have been living in a country where all the girls are extremely thin, and having that in front of your face all the time is completely exhausting. I cannot get clothing in my size here below the waist. It has to be hand made, or ordered from overseas which really adds up. Men and children view me as a threat because of my size. I told the therapists at the body image program that I was afraid that this would eventually happen, and now it has. I have gained quite a bit since then. Even in a country which is known to have healthier foods and most people loose weight here. So....I have to cry about it here. I just keep thinking I wish I had the money to get it all cut off. The rich people do. I think that hospitals and the people who design these medicines aught to supply not only more information about the products, but also what to do in case this happens. Now I am at a low point and wish to up my dosage of meds., if that doesn't sound crazy???but I am so depressed, I need something more. But....will I gain even more????What to do? Thank you for responding.
for 19 år siden 0 70 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello, I was on meds for a while and my weight just balooned,especially when i used to be 9 stone and now im 11 and a half! I think the best thing you need to do is to be happy with the inner you before worrying about anything else. If you think that people are saying things about your weight, if you told them it was because of depression they would soon wished they hadnt even thought about it. Some people at my work made a few coments and when i told them they shut up and felt really bad about it.Its also shown me never to judge people because i do not know what the reasons may be. I wished that the doctor had told me about the cravings the meds i were on made you crave sugar really bad, even now months later he still hasnt mentioned it to me. Might be best to do your own research before taking anything so you know the warnings. Starr
for 19 år siden 0 149 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I found out that my waist hip ratio is healthy, being that my waist is 117cm and my hipline is 158cm. Isn't that a good enough reason for liposuction? Where are the doctors that fed me the meds that led to this? I am trying to think positive about my body image, but , what is expected of a normal person - their size, before they qualify for plastic surgery? Anybody out there from the College Street hospital to answer this question??? Even if I lost weight my body shape is unacceptabe to most people besides artists from the 1700's.

Læser dennne tråd: