Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.764 emner i 47.064 indlæg

161.039 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: mariebel, SWK679Learning, Number777, cbtelearning, Suder47

Tired

for 19 år siden 0 68 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi itsbackagain, what you are describing is a very common reaction after a therapy session, especially one in which you have been honest. I remember coming home after therapy and sleep for hours on end. As if my system could not handle all the emotions and shut itself down. Than, in the days to come, I would let the emotions back in in small chewable quantities. Often once we get into therpapy, we let all of the suppressed emotion come out. You bet that is a LOT to handle, since the body is equipped to protect itself from overflow, you might feel extreme exhaustion and fall asleep. It is hard to be in therapy and not fun, but definitely worth it. Sound like you have a good therapist though. You want one that makes you feel like ****, you want one that is compassionate but is not afraid to get you into your discomfort zone. I believe, but that is personal, unless we are faced with our demons (that reside in the spaces we avoid looking at, since it brings out painful feelings), we can not heal. Try to accept your feelings and be gentle with yourself and admit to yourself what you need, then give it to yourself and be okay with that. Good luck.
for 19 år siden 0 84 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, I am often mentally exhausted and "all-talked-out" after a particular intense session with my therapist. It's kind of like I've temporarily emptied myself out. If it happens all the time you should mention it to your therapist. "Normal" is a slippery concept. What is normal for one person is unusual for another. You feel the way you feel. Maybe you just need to spend a little time alone after your sessions. I know that's not always possible but it is a suggestion. hang in there
for 19 år siden 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Does anyone else just feel like **** after talking about their life? I had a great appointment today where I was actually honest with my counslor, but now I feel like I can't talk, or like I don't feel like talking. I just feel numb, like the world is spinning around me. I can't make facial expressions and I just want to fall asleep. I timed myself, when I was hangingout with my friend, I didn't talk for 18 minutes straight. That was pretty fun. Does anyone know what I am talking about?

Læser dennne tråd: