Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.764 emner i 47.064 indlæg

161.039 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: mariebel, SWK679Learning, Number777, cbtelearning, Suder47

husband new dx

for 19 år siden 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Peanut: My husband suffers from chronic depression, so I can relate somewhat. Also, have a good friend who's 20 yr. old son is bipolar, so understand some of the difficulties loving someone with this condition. The best advice I can give you is that you attend your husband's psych doc's appts. and if possible, when the counselor recommends it, his regular counseling sessions as well. The purpose is to help support him as a TEAM. Doctor, counselor, family. This really helped my husband. His doctor likes it when I attend with him and encourages it. I don't interfer but interject when it seems appropriate. Also, two sets of ears is better than one when it comes to understand meds, etc. Also, for your children, depending upon their age. Begin to educate them, age appropriately, about dad's illness. If you don't they will feel shame attached to it and they or you or dad shouldn't be ashamed as this is a medical conditon that will take the understanding of the whole family. There are wonderful web sites out there to help you understand this illness. Don't give up on him. You will be able to take one step at a time and do well.. j.
for 19 år siden 0 283 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi I have had some experience with a relative. i hasten to add i am relatively uneducated about this problem and so you should not attach too much weight to what i write. i think bipolar dep. can be controlled with the help of medication, but it requires considerable professional attention. you definitely need a plan of action and a support system if he goes off his medication and/or experiences extreme mood swings. my relative behaved very strangely and i might add in life threatening ways, at times. also in attention to professional help, i would undertake considerable personal research on your own, so you fully understand the problem and can discuss it intelligently with the professionals. i wish you well. bob
for 19 år siden 0 17 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My husband whom we believed to suffer from depression was just diagnoise with bipolar disorder and add. We went through what I call a melt down. Now I have been through these before with him. However this one was what I call big time major. He again threatened suicide and just went off like a light switch. I was able to get him to agree to check himself in to a facility which switched his meds and added meds. My real concern is what to expect in the future with bipolar. Am I going to be able to handle any more melt downs? And what about our kids??? Has anyone else been down this road? :confuse: peanut

Læser dennne tråd: