Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.764 emner i 47.064 indlæg

161.039 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: mariebel, SWK679Learning, Number777, cbtelearning, Suder47

stepping outside our bodies

for 19 år siden 0 25 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are more than welcome Bob. Thank you for hearing my support. In my life I resemble a piece of wall paper. If you know what I mean.
for 19 år siden 0 283 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
jeepbaby and trisha i wish it was as easy to be upbeat in my life as it is to be upbeat in a posting. thanks for your great support. bob
for 19 år siden 0 25 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Bob. I don't think you should apologize for feeling upbeat. Most of us probably wish we could do it today. I feel suprisingly upbeat especially for the situations I am in but it helps. =) Take care
for 19 år siden 0 57 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Everyone,Bob, in particular, I think it is very possible to be chronically depressed with intermittent bouts of more severe "major depressive episodes". I know this only because it happens to me and has for years. Actually, I think some of us have a capacity for joy that is quite profound sometimes because of the contrast. (I'm definitely not talking manic here). We appreciate life so much when we can and in all the little minutes when we do. Bob, that sounds like you to me. You should never apologize for feeling good. We are all experiencing different levels and stages of depression...at leas that's what I think. Life can be beautiful.....Trisha
unrequited sorry about being so upbeat :). i do have a manic side to me, in a very mild way...but it is in no way similar to manic as in manic-depressive. i had a relative who suffered from that, so i have some experience. i don't find it so difficult to write an upbeat message, even if i feel tired and/or confused. i feel i have to function. i have responsibilitiesl. i have to provide for my wife and children etc. i have to rise above my depression. actually it's sort of a desperate struggle and i only partially succeed. i could write a very impressive resume, but alternatively i could also present you with a long list of failures. my worst failure has been in not taking care of my body and acquiring diabetes. i am attempting to figure out how to get off the treadmill, but in my sorry condition it difficult to initiate change. nor do i get much support from my family. i credit Toastmasters for bringing out my upbeat side. i learned to look for the positive things in speeches and indeed in people...and so i look for the positive things in life. i also attempt to show a positive face to the world even if i am hurting inside. people really react poorly to a depressed person. i have actually done some fairly amazing things in my life. perhaps i can finally figure out how to beat my depression. actually i don't think i will ever conquer it, but hopefully i can suppress it somewhat. this site is a neat little tool in my battle. i can compare my situation with others. i pick up some very neat, intelligent insights into life. i feel better when i express my feelings and thoughts. thanks for replying and reading this take care bob
for 19 år siden 0 149 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bob47; you are something else! Are you depressed, or just manic? At the moment, I cannot hear a depressed sound in any of your messages, so are you on the same page as those here who are depressed? Or are you all better now? I guess I should say good for you, but what I really want to say is, what are you doing here?
hi "stepping outside our bodies", is that like a cult thing, or what no i'm not writing about some weird exotic meditative experience. i am merely thinking that we can look at ourselves, our situations, our relationships and our social interaction as objective observers. if we are frustrated and depressed or suffering from anxiety, can we not slow things down...take a deep breath and analize the situation. think.."what is happening here?' here's that problem again. what are other people's reaction?...mmmm that's very interesting...let's see if we can change this situation a bit. maybe we can find a bit of irony or humour in the moment...or we can ask ourselves.."how would this look in a tv show?." you can glamourize your life by thinking of it as a perpetual tv drama..or a dark comedy, perhaps. maybe its like attending our own funeral...but i think that would be interesting.. well its just something that popped into my head and i know i do this ocassionally. it mitigates some of the stress in my life. okay, now everyone focus on your navels

Læser dennne tråd: