Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.764 emner i 47.064 indlæg

161.040 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: jujub1, mariebel, SWK679Learning, Number777, cbtelearning

bad memory

for 19 år siden 0 149 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
oksomaybeimnuts; wow, I remembered all that; It is understandable that you forgot your password! I just tap the tab and my password comes up, then I don't have to remember it! My grandmother got Altsheimers and she was always hiding her purse because she was afraid that my cousins would come over and steal her money. Then she couldn't remember that she had hidden it, and was always blaming my cousins for stealing her purse. My mother or somebody would have to go digging around all over the place trying to find where she would hide it. You can imagine how she felt when we found it.
for 19 år siden 0 31 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My memory is terrrible these days and i know it is because of the depression. i used to be able to remember everything. now i have to write myself notes to remember things. only problem is- then i forget where i put the notes. i will be posting here a little more often. i am pretty new here and..........i forgot my password LOL but now that i know it i will be back. :)
for 19 år siden 0 57 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Bob and JeepBaby, Sometimes I ask myself what my depression is doing for me and I don't always like the answers I come up with. Sometimes I use it as an excuse even though I know I really shouldn't. Not that I'm saying it's my fault I am depressed but how I choose to react to other people is still my responsibility. I don't want to use it for sympathy...rather I might want to :-) but i think I should try not to. Other people have their own problems to deal with even if they aren't diagnosed with Depression. I think we all have to remember that...just a few thoughts in answer to your postings.
for 19 år siden 0 283 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
yep...i wish there was a little more action here. sometimes it picks up a bit. bob
for 19 år siden 0 25 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Normal people...ick. LOL They laugh at us because we're different. We laugh at them because they are all the same. tee hee hee
Bob LOL. I like the T Shirt idea. I think I'll try that. Is it just me or are we really the only two people who log into this place on a daily bases? Kinda sucks considering this place is for poeple who need someone to talk to huh?
JeepBaby that tape recorder thing is really good...if i remember where i put it. a packet of post-it notes in my pocket would help also i think. "Normal" people don't give depressed people much sympathy in general. that's one of my big problems, i feel people think i don't care about things, or that i am lazy or incompetent. i don't feel like wearing a t-shirt that states.."forgive me..i'm depressed" that's for you helpful feedback take care bob
BOB As a matter of fact I have the exact same problem. People actually think I'm slow or stupid but I promise it's because I can't remember anything. And I have noticed that depression and situations where you are put under pressure do in fact trigger this "memory loss". As a matter of fact I had a problem with that just today...I wrote a post for someone and put the wrong name on in it because I had forgotten who I was writing to. I constantly get accused of being inconsiderate because I forget peoples birthdays (even my husbands) or I forget to call someone back in ten minutes. Fortunatly it's not our fault. Unfortunatly I guess you could say NORMAL people aren't very understanding about it. It is very frustrating. I try lots of ways to cope with this issue. For one thing my house is covered in post it notes and another thing I've recently started doing is recording notes to myself. I just went to Staples and bought a cheap little hand held tape recorder and whenever I need to do something I just say it to my tape recorder. Now remembering to review your tape recordings every day is another story. I have not yet figured out how to jump that hurdle. LOL Good luck.
hello Jeepbaby asked if anyone has any jokes...i just can't remember any...i feel that my memory is very poor..i often can't remember peoples' names. perhaps it results from depression...perhaps its a result of stress... does anyone else experience this problem, or have any comments. thanks for your input bob

Læser dennne tråd: