Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.764 emner i 47.064 indlæg

161.038 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: mariebel, SWK679Learning, Number777, cbtelearning, Suder47

Depression vs Bi polar

for 19 år siden 0 283 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
angiek i also went to the doctor and told him that i might be bi-polar. he replied that when you are bi-polar you will have no doubts about that. it will be obvious. a relative is bi-polar and yes, indeed she exhibits some extreme behaviour. bob
for 19 år siden 0 283 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
angiek... i like your style and i suspect it reflects a sweet personality. i can certainly relate to getting nothing accomplished all day. persevere and experiment with new activities. exercise, read about cognitive behaviour therapy. start a journal..these are a few things you can try on your own. hope to hear from you again. i have learned a great deal from this site. take care bob
for 19 år siden 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi angiek, I'm Jane, I've been fighting with depression for about five years now and you sound a lot like I felt when I first got into treatment--and I can tell you things will get better. Treatment helps. You didn't say if you are seeing a psychiatrist or a family doctor. If there is even a possibilty of bipolar you need a psychiatrist--if the effexor is not helping after about 6 weeks you need a psychiatrist--or if you are already seeing one you need to tell him what you are feeling. Effexor is a combination drug, its an SSRI and something else(I forgot exactly what even tho I am on it myself and it has really helped me)and I am supprised if your family doctor prescribed it.
for 19 år siden 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Angie, I completely undersatand how you're feeling. Sometimes I feel that my husband is trying to compete with me regarding how exhausted I am and how hopeless I feel. He is not depressed and does not experience the roller coaster of emotion I feel so it frustrates me. I have been pretty mean to him as of late...demanding and complaining and needy. When I behave this way it only feeds my guilt. I think we should step back every so often and realize that we have to help our husbands help us. When we fly off the handle we are only pushing him away. I think the first step is to try to be good to those around us. Although it may be difficult to put someone before us at this time, it will be rewarding. I don't deny that we need things right now...understanding, nurturing but our husbands will never completely understand our pain. Lets be realistic and try to help ourselves in the best way possible...lets not alienate ourselves. hang in there one day at a time. Things CAN get better. Best, Bodhi
for 19 år siden 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hello precious angiek - you helped me on another thread x sunshine sunshine sunshine sunshine sunshine sunshine :p plus hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs this is all i've got to offer at the moment sweetheart but it's from my heart x
for 19 år siden 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Angie, Thanks for sharing your story. Please feel free to browse the site and use all the available tools and references. Our online support group is very knowledgeable and supportive. We will shortly be introducing Depression Program that can be of great assistance to all. Please let us know how we can help. The Depression Test is something you may want to discuss with your doctor and may better help assess the situation. Keep Strong, Josie ___________________________________ The Depression Center Support Team.
for 19 år siden 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey...I'm new here. I'm hoping to find some support, information, laughs, and be able to just talk (type) about what's going on in this roller coaster of life. I have spiraled into a depressive episode that has been more intense and consistant than any I"ve ever experienced before. I cry at the drop of a hat over anything, shoot...over nothing! I have all the "symptoms" of major depression and am just overwhelmed of the grip it has on me. The lack of control I have over my emotions. My doctor started me on Effexor about a month ago..am now on 75 mg. I swear I'm more depressed,irritable, easily annoyed, and get angry too often. Does the other unstable moods go with depression? Does anyone have any feedback about this? I sometimes wonder if I'm bi-polar but I don't have the "highs" or manias that I read about. I have been so short with my husband, and kids. I apologized to my husband the other night for getting so upset. He made the comment that it's like Jekyll and Hyde. I don't think it's that exteme. But, I'm not on the outside looking in. I've tried to explain that I'm overwhelmed because I don't feel like I get a thing accomplished during the day. He commented that he knew how that was. UGH! Please, don't tell me you know how that is when you are able to go to work, able to function,etc. I am lucky somedays to get a shower without napping afterwards. I'm so exhausted and weak most days. Fibromyalgia the doc says....I don't know what it is. I'm just sooo frustrated and discouraged. I am sick and tired off feeling sick and tired. I'm scared this is going to be a life long reality. I so don't want it to be. Send rays of sunshine!

Læser dennne tråd: