Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.764 emner i 47.064 indlæg

161.038 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: mariebel, SWK679Learning, Number777, cbtelearning, Suder47

Anxiety about future events

for 15 år siden 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This can be hard to do but try not to think about the event all the time.  Tackle each little part of the planning at a time.  When you have time, do some relaxation first then try some visualisation.  First just imagine getting to the church ok.  Make sure you concentrate on it going well.  Then move on to getting dressed and ready.  Make sure you don't get too anxious as you imagine it.  It's kind of like the exposure stuff but just doing it in your head.  Also, remember, something always goes a little wrong during a wedding, it's OK.  It won't ruin the wedding.  People will understand because I'm sure they have had something happen at theirs.  My son was ring bearer at my sisters wedding and he passed out.  The wedding went on with him sitting on the floor, and my sister is still married 16 years later.  Make it your purpose to see it in your mind going well.  If you do think of what could go wrong, follow it through, chances are when you get to the end of the "what ifs" it's not going to be all that bad "even if".
for 15 år siden 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
mich991,

You have raised some really important questions here.

Your wedding day can be naturally stressful however by preparing in advance for this event, you will be able to cope. Have you spoken to anyone in your wedding party about these fears? Would any of them be able to assist you on your wedding day? Perhaps you can all do a relaxation or deep breathing strategy together on the day of to help calm everyone's nerves? Is this something you would find helpful?

Members, can anyone offer mich advice on how to cope on their wedding day? Did you use the same strategies you have used in the past? How was your anxiety different for you?

It can also be very difficult to understand our anxiety and our gut instincts. Sometimes, these two may even overlap. Perhaps having some anxiety can be our guts way of telling us to be cautious? You mentioned that there are some things in your life that you really question. Are these things related at all? Have you thought about why these things cause heighten anxiety for you?

Members, what advice can you offer to mich about distinguishing between your gut and your anxiety? What is the difference like for you? How have you distinguished between the two?

Sarah, Health Educator
for 15 år siden 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
   Hello again,

I am getting married in a couple months and one of my worst fears is that I am going to be really anxious and feel like crap on my wedding day. I am so scared that I am going to have a huge anxiety attack before I walk down the isle and start freaking out. I am experiencing anxiety attacks about having an anxiety attack on the day of my wedding and it is starting to scare me. Does anyone have any advise on how they have prepared for an event in the future knowing that they could be very anxious the day of the event?

I have another question unrelated to the above\.....how do you know if a feeling you are experiencing is anxiety vs. a gut instinct? There are some things in my life that I freak out about or really question but I don't know if it is just my anxiety talking or if it is a real feeling or gut instinct that I should be following? They say that you should always follow your head and your heart but how do I know if it is my head and my heart or if it is just my anxiety?

Any advise on either of the above questions would be great.

Thanks!!

Læser dennne tråd: