Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.764 emner i 47.064 indlæg

161.038 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: mariebel, SWK679Learning, Number777, cbtelearning, Suder47

Need Some Advice From Expert Sufferers

for 15 år siden 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya Brandie,

I think between Jhori's and Sarah's replies, you are pretty much covered. But I did want to say hang in there!
for 15 år siden 0 123 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Brandie,

That new set of symptoms is basically de-realization...one of the things that comes with anxiety.  Although it feels real uncomfortable, it does pass!  Usually what helps me in these times is hot showers or baths.

I'm a guy, so I can only go off of what I've heard about PMS and anxiety, though I have heard from many women that the PMS does sometimes make the situation worse.  Though this too will pass, it's a momentary thing that you kinda just have to deal with.

Regarding the medication, since it's helped so much so far, I would keep with it for a bit longer.  The side effects for the medications typically subside and calm down after you've been taking it for a month....but if you ever change doses, this may happen again.  The good news is that it's a lot shorter the next time around.  If you do still continue to have problems though, do tell your doc, maybe look into another medication.  Sometimes that's all you need.

Keep your head up Brandie, it's a hard road but you're doing great by facing this!  Let us know how things are going!
Cheers!
for 15 år siden 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brandie,

These feelings of being 'spaced out' can be incredibly normal for a lot of members here. This indistinct but annoying symptom could be linked to your recent changes in medication. It gives a sense of being in "another dimension." It can include changes in distance and space perception, a floating feeling, and a total lack of concentration.

Tips to help: Plan your workload to account for your temporary lack of concentration. Avoid additional stress during the first few weeks.

As you mentioned, it would be a very good idea to speak to your family doctor about this. If you have a symptom that persists or seems worse than you expected, you should also immediately consult a doctor.

In addition, certain times of the month can be more anxiety-provoking than others. Hormones can definitely affect your well-being and this may also be the reason you are feeling light-headed. These are also concerns you should mention to your doctor as it may affect your prescription and dosage.

Members, what other advice can you offer to Brandie? Have you experienced similar feelings of being light-headed?

Sarah, Health Educator
for 15 år siden 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I was feeling so much better after 3 weeks of paxil. I had been off Xanax and Klonopin for almost 2 weeks. I felt so much more in control of my anxiety. Still had symptoms but not as severe. Well the last couple days I feel as if I have back slided. I feel so floaty and light headed. As if the floor, bed or my chair is moving out from under me almost constantly. It's almost as if I have a new set of symptoms. I get so panicky over the floating feeling. I took two Xanax today and it did help, just left with a lingering headache. I'm thinking it could be time for an increase in the paxil but at the same time wondering if this is a side effect. Also am wondering about hormones. It is coming time for my monthly friend. I sort of noticed an increase in my anxiety at that time last month about a week prior and during. So what do you guys think. I'm going to call my family doctor about the floating feeling this week. I never experienced this before. I have been to ENT and the eye doctor and all checked out well. I don't really feel my ENT doc was very throrough but I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this. I feel so depressed over this and can't shake the panic once again!

Læser dennne tråd: