Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.764 emner i 47.064 indlæg

161.040 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: jujub1, mariebel, SWK679Learning, Number777, cbtelearning

BAD ANXIETY AFTER DRINKING ALCOHOL

for 18 år siden 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How I know this one. I recently felt some extreme anxiety and decided a cople of beers would help. So I had two and the anxiety went away. I then had one and a half beers the next weekend and also a few sips of martinis. I am now feeling the after effects in the form of a cold and anxiety with some panic. Not a good combination. I used the beer to deal with my anxiety, but made it worse. I will remember next time that it does not work. David
for 19 år siden 0 110 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A lot of people here have noticed this. I've read that alcohol can do this. Personally, I've pretty much quit drinking during the periods of my life when I feel more fragile or agitated - the next day's anxiety just isn't worth it. Here is part of a post by Ruby under "understanding panic..." where she copy-pasted many interesting tips, this one is on alcohol: Cut down on Stimulants The last thing a panic attack needs is more fuel to 'feed' it. Certain stimulants are known to aggravate and even bring on Panic and Anxiety: Alcohol Some people see Alcohol as a relaxant and start drinking to try and deal with the devastating effects of an anxiety disorder. This of course is no solution. How do you know the difference between a hang-over and anxiety symptoms? The alcohol withdrawal or hangover tends to reinforce the physical symptoms which people interpret as increasing anxiety levels. This only keeps the cycle of anxiety and panic going. Alcohol will also not help you sleep - yes it may make you fall asleep but the sleep will be disturbed, intermittent and you still wake up feeling even worse! The process of metabolizing alcohol can use up all the body's B vitamins (and B vitamins are play an important role in regulating anxiety).
for 19 år siden 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi everyone, i don't drink very often maybe once a week or so. But i notice when i do the next day i am anxious all day nearly to the point of panic. it starts a cycle where i start to catastrophize & feel like im going crazy. im not on any meds. does anyone else have the same problem with drinking????????

Læser dennne tråd: