Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.764 emner i 47.064 indlæg

161.040 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: jujub1, mariebel, SWK679Learning, Number777, cbtelearning

Out patient treatment a great option

for 19 år siden 0 125 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Amy, I totally relate to what you are saying!! I too took an out patient program at the hospital and it was the best thing I ever did!!! Recovery is not quick but the more you do the excercizes you're taught, the easier it will get. For the burning in your chest, try tums or rolaids and if they don't work, ask your doctor for something stronger ( I was put on losec) With the difficulty breathing, you will learn some deep breathing excercizes that will make that problem go away but make sure you do them regularily. Best of luck to you!!
for 19 år siden 0 72 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The DR keeps telling me this is all panic and such, but most of me don't think so as it's so pysical! I have had a pain in the lower left part of my chest (just below my left nipple) and it has hurted for a few days now and keeps getting worse. I just spent 5 hours today in the hospital and they did and EKG, chest xray and bloodwork (again) and nothing showed up. I know it's not my heart, because the other ER DR said it could be acid reflex or an ulcer or something like that so I told them that and they gave me some meds to try to help with that and the burping and such. They have asked me to come back because they are going to do an ultra sound on my ab area and all major organs as well as a stress test. But reading on here I bet they will come back normal! If so, what the hell can be wrong with me as this is getting worse! I have my 5th appt. with my phycologist tomorrow. I just had a hot bath and took an adavan to help me sleep, but I am scared! What to do... Sam S
for 19 år siden 0 364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Amy, So glad to hear you are feeling a bit better with the medicine. I wasnt an outpatient at a hospital, but I did attend a support group for a time at one each week, I also have cardiac neurosis, but after being around people like me, some much better off with their guidance, assurance, ( I also went to a cardiologist where everything checked out), my fears eventually gave way. I think they will for you too.
for 19 år siden 0 45 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Amy, I'm glad the out patient program has eased your worries a bit. I think one of the major problems is that no matter what we try to tell ourselves in the heat of panic we just think we are dying...no if ands or buts.I have been on meds for a week now, (6 days) on paxil, and not really feeling any better. Woke up at 3am last night in a huge panic, cold sweats and really dizzy, I thougth the meds were killing me. I was 2 seconds away from calling an ambulance when my mother calmed me down. I truly feel your pain, it is so difficult for anyone to understand who hasn't been through it. I have been reading books with stories of surviving cancer patients, it makes me think that if they can get throught that, then I can get through this. I really hope the meds. bring you some relief. Keep us updated.
for 19 år siden 0 37 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am an out patient at the hospital where I live. I go in every day of the week from 8-4. It has been a good thing for me. My anxiety has been so bad. They have me on remeron and toporl(beta blocker) and I am doing a bit better. I am still so obsessed with my health. Does anyone else have a hard time believing all this is just anxiety?? I have become obsessed and I think I am going to have a heart attack. I have had 3 blood heart enzyme tests, 13 EKG's and Ecko and still nothing physical but boy does it feel physical when I have heartburn and my heart skips a beat. I feel a burning sensation in my chest and it also gets tight like I can't breathe...then come the tremors that I cannot stand. I am hoping with the hospital and meds I will feel better very soon. Anyone else relate to this???

Læser dennne tråd: