Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.764 emner i 47.064 indlæg

161.040 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: jujub1, mariebel, SWK679Learning, Number777, cbtelearning

palpitations and anxiety

for 20 år siden 0 364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I also have palpitations from a heart murmur made worse during panic attacks. In all my years of having them, I have found ways that make them more pronounced and ways to offset it. Making palps more pronunced- Being hypervigilent over each palp, therefore having more episodes of them. Drinking caffine rather it be sodas or coffee Smoking Skipping Meals Lack of sleep- if I stay up way late and not get my normal sleep hours Cold weather (mine seem to be more active during winter months with extreme cold air) Ways to stop the palps- Make yourself cough as hard as you can about 10 times. Bear down really hard as if you were birthing a child,or trying to pass a hard bowel, do this in succession for about 10 times. Hope this helps
for 20 år siden 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you for your encouragement, but like you probably know, we always think our situation is unique. I get palpitations all the time. When I am stressed, when I am happy, when I am tired, laying in bed, bending over, walking in the wind, walking up hill, when it's really hot and humid, all the time! Everything makes them happen. I have a congenital heart defect that the docs say isn't that bad and that the palps won't hurt me. I had an echocardiogram, stress test, holter monitor and ekg and they say these palps are harmless. I just can't believe them. I don't believe they are caused by anxiety all the time because I don't have panic attacks until I get palpitations. I used to have panic attacks years ago and got rid of them. Maybe I am having panic but in a different way now. Maybe instead of having an emotional attack, I am having palpitations instead. Does that make sense? I don't want to go on meds for anxiety. I feel so not in control and dependant and weak if I have to go on meds. I just want to feel normal and deal with life like I see so many others deal with it. I don't know what to do anymore. When I get these palps I feel like such a loser and want to just scream and freak out from the frustration. Sorry for the long post. Thanks for listening.
for 20 år siden 0 377 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh my gosh, I could have wrote a book on this one! I would have panic attacks (bad ones) because of the heart palpatations. They freaked me out soo bad, thus made my heart rate highter...leading to more palpatations and full blown panic to the point I thought I was having a heart attack. It is anxiety and panic. Once you get a hold on those two things you will notice the palpatations are so much less or you don't even pay attention to the small ones. I was feeling like QUEEN of heart disaster on a nightly basis...until I got a grip through medication on the anxiety and panic. I would scroll the internet all night long trying to figure out if i had a heart problem. Now, those things are just about gone. I have one every now and then...but I just ignore it and I NEVER EVER suffer like I did in the past. It does make you terrified and you get nervous and it only makes them worse. Good luck and vent away.
Thanks for your reply. I pray everyday and night for God to take the palpitations from me because they scare me so much. I also ask for courage, but when they come in long runs I just can't seem to handle it. I get so depressed. I guess I will just keep praying. Thanks again and have a nice day.
for 20 år siden 0 50 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have palpitations a lot too. At first I would go into a severe panic attack evertime I felt them but after seeing doctors to make sure it wasn't serious I had to change my thought processes...I told myself that I had done everything to ensure my heart was fine and then I just put my worry in God's hands. He has a great way of handling my worries and concerns. Rose
Does anyone else suffer from palpitations? I have them and then I get really anxious. I have had panic attacks in the past, but managed to get rid of them by using tapes (forget the name of them). I now get palpitations that the docs say are harmless, but I can't believe them. Any suggestins?

Læser dennne tråd: