Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.764 emner i 47.064 indlæg

161.040 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: jujub1, mariebel, SWK679Learning, Number777, cbtelearning

Just prescribed Xanax

for 20 år siden 0 33 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had been taking xanax for a couple of weeks for severe panic attacks which were ongoing and was at a point where it was really helping me. The medication is a godsend to those of us with PD. The only drawback that I could find was that if you run into a doctor like mine who decided to suddenly switch you to another less addictive medication and you end up sick. If you can stay on this medication with the support of your physician, then I wholeheartedly recommend it but if you have a doctor who is telling you that you will eventually be weaned off it, then I recommend never even using it in the first place because the withdrawal can be worse than the actual panic attacks themselves! I am now taking klonipin (.25mg two times each day) and that seems to be working for the moment. It is a similar medication to xanax from what I have read and been told. Either way, both work for panic attacks (at least for me). Good luck with this! kathy :)
for 20 år siden 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well I have to say that over the years I have taken Xanax on and off.I am a point in time that I am having to take it very frequently.I take 1mg 3 times daily.At first people around me thought that I must have been drinking because it slowed me down so much but within a few weeks that effect seemed to go away.There is now a time released xanax that you only take once a day.You would have to have insurance though because I heard it was very expensive.But they say that it is less addicting that way.You have to be careful with medicine interactions though, because it seemed to give my terrible heartburn and after taking it for awhile I started taking Maalox which actually kept my body from absorbing the meds and my body went into withdrawls.....a very scarry thing to experience.You can usually start out at a low dose and then sometimes after it gets into your system for awhile take half a pill(not on the time released) as you feel a panic attack coming on.I`ve never heard of putting it under your tounge but I have chewed one up during a bad attack and it worked almost instantly.They say though that therapy to find out why you are having the attacks is the key to be able to stop taking meds for it.You CANNOT quit cold turkey with this med but there are meds to take that you can gradually reduse your xanax use.Xanax overall has kept my from going to the hospital over and over.
for 20 år siden 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had a panic attack last week and it cycled for 24 hours, recurring over and over again. I called my doctor and got a prescription for xanax. I haven't taken it yet, but just knowing that I have it available is helping me. Kind of like the "out" button? I'm glad to read positive feedback about it, that is even more helpful. So, thank you ...
for 20 år siden 0 132 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have to agree with Bygrace, Xanax seems to stop an attack in it's tracks. I have 0.025 mg & I take 1/2 of that (math is not my strong point..haha)& it works wonders. When it was perscribed to me I was afraid to take it & kept it in my purse for months. Then one day I had an attack & I felt like my only choice was to try it & it worked. Now I take it "as needed" but it is a huge relief knowing that I have it with me "just in case". If an attack is coming on, I recommend putting it under your tongue & letting it melt, instead of swallowing it with water because it works a whole lot faster.
for 20 år siden 0 377 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, I take it daily w/ Lexapro and I have found that the Xanax stops the panic attack in its track! It has helped me a GREAT deal!
for 20 år siden 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am taking half of a 0.5 mg pill a day and have been for 3 weeks now. I can't believe how much they help. I have heard how bad Xanax is, addicting and such. But, I have also heard that Xanax use among users with panic disorders are in the minority in abusing the drug. And as far as stopping the med, you don't quit cold turkey, you scale back on it. I feel the dizzy buzz in my head and feel like I am out of control and I take the half of a pill and I feel almost back to my old self again. I'd much prefer to not take anything and be well again.
for 20 år siden 0 25 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[i]Anyone out there have any feedback on Xanax?. I was just prescribed this today and am concerned about issues some people have encountered on it[/i][i][/i]

Læser dennne tråd: