Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.764 emner i 47.064 indlæg

161.040 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: jujub1, mariebel, SWK679Learning, Number777, cbtelearning

Breaking Down After Panic attacks

for 20 år siden 0 1062 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Venik, Please accept my condolences on the death of your mother. That is such very major loss. Grieving is a long process and the death of someone so important as a parent involves a long grieving process. It does make us think about death and dying, and we may question all sorts of things again, including our own mortality. It also makes us think of the things we could have done, or wanted to say before that, for instance. That's all part of grieving. While working through the grieving process though, sometimes a glitch develops and we veer off or get stuck on some point. Nowadays there is grief counselling, and there are support groups for those coping with death. I hope that you have had good support for that, but if not, it might help to look into that. I'm struck that in your post you brought up the subject of crying, panic and your mother's death. Elsewhere you wrote that the attacks began as the first anniversary of her death neared. Perhaps the three are all connected, but I'm not suggesting that I know. A therapist could help you sort it out though and explore if there is a relationship between her death and your panic attacks. A panic cycles involves thoughts, physical sensations and behaviors. The three components impact on one another and constitute a cycle. Our panic program can help you understand that.
for 20 år siden 0 364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Venik, Yes Ive had that happen too. Its not at all uncommon. ((((( Venik )))))) so sorry over the loss of your Mom. Your still grieving, and everyone is different. My husbands mother passed away in May. He too felt just this emptyness inside him. Unimaginable for anyone to know, until it happens to them. And its society that dicates too much, like get on with your life, its been such and such time. There is no such thing as a time period and expect to suddenly be over it. Eventually time will let us remember the good times, and not the thought of them passing. (Which stuck with my husband and I as we were present when she passed away) For a month, I replayed in my head those final few minutes, like a broken record. I think it would be a good idea, to join up with a grief support group, so you can express openly about your Mom, with others that know exactly what your going through. It helps tremendously to talk with others, keep the good memories alive, and you will feel much better, and with the help of this group, we can help you work on the attacks from our experiences too. God Bless, Trish
for 20 år siden 0 31 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Does anybody else sometimes after an attack break down I have never been the type of person to be scared of death....but since my mother passed last year, I started having my attacks...and since she died of heart related problems...I think that I may die of them also....If I have a bad attack..the ones that hurt in your chest...and put lumps in your throat...even sometimes I get a pain in my arm...I have a fear that im going to die....and I break down and cry...I really hate admiting that...Iknow there is no shame there...its just...I'm a guy...I have never feared death...why now? Does anybody else sometimes breakdown after an attack?

Læser dennne tråd: